Thinking of buying a 307 1.6 HDI 90bhp

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: Re: Thinking of buying a 307 1.6 HDI 90bhp

Post by Northern_Mike »

Peter.N. wrote:I don't usually consider buying a car unless its mileage is approaching 200k - they are to dear otherwise. :)

Peter
I'm with you there Peter! Apart from the Berlingo which had about 50k on it when we got it 4 years ago most other cars have been 150k or more.

Much cheapness, throw it away if it breaks. I'm in that trap now with the Berlingo.... it's worth too much to just get rid of, so I need to spend to repair it. It'd help if we knew what was wrong with it!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
BX
My Cars:

Re: Thinking of buying a 307 1.6 HDI 90bhp

Post by BX »

Be careful of service interval figures. Apart from the United Kingdom most european cars record kilometers and that is usually what is quoted. make sure the conversions are correct. Irish cars are right hand drive like the UK but the speedometer and odometer are in Km since 2005. So a 20,000Km interval would translate to 12500miles. many Renaults and some Opel (Vauxhall in the UK) are 30,000Km which is about 18000 miles. They probably ( i don't really know) get rounded to 20,000 Miles in the UK.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

The Peugeot UK website clearly states 20,000 miles service interval with a 12,500 interim service if needed.

I've never come across service intervals being stated in km in the UK.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
mikesporting

Re: Thinking of buying a 307 1.6 HDI 90bhp

Post by mikesporting »

Well I've took the plunge and bought the above link..... The only thing that I'm unsure about is that when it revs it sounds unusual, it's quite a high pitched noise?