Anyone want to buy...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: Anyone want to buy...

Post by Citroenmad »

Thats pretty bad luck :(

So you recon the injector blowby increases deposits in the engine and creates more of a build up?

Ford seem to recommend that the injectors are tichtened down on every service, PSA do not. Which possibly explains why less Fords are prone.

We've got DV6 OCD here, our C3 Picasso is serviced every 5-6K with only Citroen filters and the correct low sulphur Total ECS oil. I'm still paranoid and keep on about getting rid of it before it turns nasty, doesn't help that the engine is getting louder and has occasional bad running. They're a superb engine for economy and they drive well, but I'd always choose the 2.0HDi when its available.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

I must admit when we got our 207, having read all of the horror stories I was fairly nervous about it. We got it 2.5 years ago with 60k on the clock, it went to Edinburgh and back for 18 months and did approximately 30k in a year whilst doing so. Other then the clutch slave cylinder failing (£35 from Peugeot) it's been great. When it was doing such a big mileage I was doing 12k oil changes on it, again, using the correct Total oil supplied by Peugeot.

Now that it's only going to Glasgow and back every day I'm doing 6k changes on it as it isn't getting as a good a motorway run as it used to.

We did the timing belt on it last year too, easy to do and cheap enough even with a Peugeot supplied kit. It sorted out the annoying chirp that it's got when cold as well. Irritatingly though, that has returned now but I can't be bothered doing anything about it. As it's Cheryl's only car it's a hassle to get it off the road. Also, if I did she'd expect to use one of my cars whilst hers was in bits... :lol:

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

David, my C5 had that annoying chirp and it turned out to be the alternator free-wheel pulley seized, took the DM crankshaft pulley with it too :)