Xantia spoiler

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: Xantia spoiler

Post by Northern_Mike »

Xantia97 wrote:Bourbriac, 22390, Brittany - about as far west from Paris as you can get - beautiful coastline, plenty to see....
If you came over I'd be happy to meet somewhere further to the east.
Juliet
If I were to come over to Calais and head down the North coast (I've looked at the map), would it make a nice journey for a few days away? I know nothing at all about France, so would probably need to do a bit of research - somewhere to stay for a night on the way, somewhere down your way, somewhere on the way back.. It's only 530 miles each way, so about £140 diesel and the cost of the ferry and somewhere different for my missus to see. Second or third week in August.
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

We have visited some of the north Brittany coast and there are many places that are truly magical, not so sure further east towards Calais. What are your likes and dislikes for places to visit, do you like to just look at beautiful scenery or do you prefer to be active, touristy places or quiet backwaters, if you see what I mean? Where are you in the UK? Very happy to do some research from this side for you. Don't forget the motorway tolls if thinking of doing the first stretch by motorway to get away from Calais, they are high - no tolls in Brittany though.
Juliet
1997 Xantia 1.9TD LX (owned for 14 years) - Snoopy

Gone but always remembered
GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

http://www.aboutnormandy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.brittanytourism.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just for starters!

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Xantia97 wrote:We have visited some of the north Brittany coast and there are many places that are truly magical, not so sure further east towards Calais. What are your likes and dislikes for places to visit, do you like to just look at beautiful scenery or do you prefer to be active, touristy places or quiet backwaters, if you see what I mean? Where are you in the UK? Very happy to do some research from this side for you. Don't forget the motorway tolls if thinking of doing the first stretch by motorway to get away from Calais, they are high - no tolls in Brittany though.
Juliet
I spoke to my missus last night, and she loves the idea of a run down through Northern France from Calais. I guess touristy places, I'd like to see the Bayeux museum (mainly because I had to draw sections of the bloody tapestry in history lessons at school and I detested it). I'd imagine there's some historically important places along the coast... bear in mind my missus is Colombian and has only been here 10 years, so very little of our history means anything to her... she just likes scenery, eating, and touristy things. I don't mind because I like driving. I don't mind paying the tolls. I checked out the prices of the Portsmouth/Poole > Le Havre crossing and nearly fell off my chair. It's a good 6 times more expensive than the Dover-Calais route. I live in Twyford near Reading. It works out at about 540 miles to where you are, which isn't any great distance at all. I'll confirm on Monday or Tuesday when she's checked with work, but the idea is to leave here early doors on the 10th and arrive back on the 16th... just need to see if Paul can get a spoiler down to me in time..
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Off the top of my head - touristy places - Mont St. Michel, St.Malo (Old Part), Dinan. We'll do more research over the weekend. I'll send Paul a PM about the spoiler, hope he has still got one, I know he was keeping one for James (hellrazor).

Brittany Ferries charge like a wounded bull, have you looked at LD Lines for prices, they are normally much cheaper.

Will await to here from you next week. Will let you know what Paul says.

I'm very grateful for you offering to do this for me.
Juliet

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

You've saved me going to Scotland, the pleasure is all mine!! (No offence to our Scottish readers, but I've been there, done that too many times. If Mrs Northern_Mike wants to go, she can go when her Colombian lot come over in October because they want to go... and the weather will be just like Bogota then too!)

I'd given up on travelling about for some time, but I used to love it when I was younger. An impromptu trip to Bogota a few weeks ago (very impromptu, I decided 2 days before I went that I was going) has reignited my love of going to new places again, so pottering down there will be a pleasure..
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Thanks Mike, that gives a very good idea of the correct position.

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Well, Paul (Citroenxm) has a spoiler and is going to find the cost of sending it down to Northern Mike :-D

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Should be less than a tenner with parcelmonkey.co.uk
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Well here are the photos of the spoiler, try to keep the comments polite please :lol:

I suppose it would keep the rear bumper dry!!

Juliet

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I think that would look pretty good sprayed the right colour!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

I thought it was too big and too low, not quite what I had in mind. Pushed back away from the back window it would over-hang rather a lot! I think it may look ok on a dark coloured car but I'm afraid it would 'get lost' in white.

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I do agree that it does not look like a proper Xantia spoiler. The one I had on the my blue Xantia was higher.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

It was advertised as OEM style which was why I thought I was onto a winner - ah well, we live and learn!!

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Take a look at the spoiler on the back of this Xantia;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T-99-Citroen- ... 2592e9cf49" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OEM style, but not OEM.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!