Xantia - LHM leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia - LHM leak

Post by CitroJim »

Old-Guy wrote:
CitroJim wrote:If you ever go into a pet shop to buy a litter tray for your workshop for gawd's sake don't tell 'em it's not actually for a cat. I did and immediately regretted it.
I have to ask, "Why?"
Because the lady in the pet shop started asking me exactly what I wanted it for if it was not for its intended purpose.. She seemed quite upset to think it was not being put to a proper use and that it would be much better if my cat could enjoy it...

:roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

CitroJim wrote:
Old-Guy wrote:
CitroJim wrote:If you ever go into a pet shop to buy a litter tray for your workshop for gawd's sake don't tell 'em it's not actually for a cat. I did and immediately regretted it.
I have to ask, "Why?"
Because the lady in the pet shop started asking me exactly what I wanted it for if it was not for its intended purpose.. She seemed quite upset to think it was not being put to a proper use and that it would be much better if my cat could enjoy it...

Eeeh! There's nowt so queer as folk!

:? For the first time in nearly 40 years, we no longer have even one cat but every one of the many cats we've had always preferred the garden - even when old and infirm.

I can vouch for the effectiveness of cat litter as a safe oil absorbent - really dry sawdust is even better, but it blows away too easily and is highly inflammable.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

My old cat was the same. I hate litter trays with a passion. I look after my neighbours cats when they’re away. Their three cats are all house cats on a litter tray and it is horrendous. One cat delights in using it in the worst possible way just after it's been cleaned - always.

That is how I know for sure now that cats are really earthly incarnations of the devil :evil:

The deal is that I look after their cats and they tolerate my Citroen spannering antics :) Not sure who has the best deal really :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Re: Re: Xantia - LHM leak

Post by Northern_Mike »

Old-Guy wrote:
CitroJim wrote:
Old-Guy wrote:
I have to ask, "Why?"

Our two cats detest litter and litter trays. Always did. One is two years younger than the other so she learnt pretty quickly anyway. I used to lock them in when we went away for holidays and the neighbours fed them. The buggers refused to use the expensive anti-stink covered, filtered cat bog I'd bought and shat in the houseplants instead.

I've just been given a Bengal cross male kitten. I hope he's the same. He's been named Dave. I think that's a great name for a cat.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

My Mum lives on a narrow boat, and she has a cat. There is a litter tray on-board (in the same area as the chemical toilet), as there are times when there are no other options (when the boat is moving, for example). Waah-li (and Jamaica, her previous cat) accepted this as part of water borne life, and would use it when their preferred toilets were not available.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

CitroJim wrote: Have some cat litter handy to mop up the inevitable fuel spills
which variety Jim
gravelie or wood pellets,

if the latter we have just discovered Horse bedding as its a lot cheaper, and as far as i can see on a gooooogly search the only difference is the one marked "cat litter is scented, and horse bedding is pure wood no glues or chemicals at all

we have a new'ish kitten ( Marmaduke ) ( just over three months old :evil: :evil: :yikes: :yikes: ) bouncing of the walls!!!!!, and into everything he is told not to #-o :roll: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

You should see the size of litter tray we need for two Maine Coons, the larger one (Alfred) is 10kg of ginger fluffiness, the smaller one (Basile) is 8kg and known as the Prince of Darkness - they've got their own room!!
JJ
1997 Xantia 1.9TD LX (owned for 14 years) - Snoopy

Gone but always remembered
GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Old-Guy wrote:
I have to ask, "Why?"
Maybe because they though that if it isn't actually for a cat, it might be that CitroJim's toilet was out of action. :wink:
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Xantia97 wrote: they've got their own room!!
With an en-suite?
qprdude wrote: it might be that CitroJim's toilet was out of action. :wink:
I'm proof against that. I have two :wink: :lol:
Jim

Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

CitroJim wrote:
With an en-suite?

No, the room is just for the litter tray :lol: so that's their ensuite, they've just about taken over the rest of the house - the dogs are not happy bunnies :-D

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Xantia97 wrote:
CitroJim wrote:
With an en-suite?

No, the room is just for the litter tray :lol: so that's their ensuite, they've just about taken over the rest of the house - the dogs are not happy bunnies :-D
Not happy dogs either, one presumes :twisted:
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

No, in our house the cats chase the dogs!!!

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Xantia97 wrote:No, in our house the cats chase the dogs!!!
That is perfectly normal for well adjusted cats (and neurotic dogs!). Quite a few years ago my Mum ran the London Marathon. She moored up in Little Venice. Jamaica (her Siamese cat) was out for a wander, when a dog started chasing her. She hopped back onto the boat, in through her cat door (a panel out of the normal door) and curled up on the sofa. Unfortunately the dog hopped onto the boat, stuck its head through the cat door, and barked at her. Jamaica decided that this was rude, and attacked (in full battle mode, which is very impressive). The dog realised it had overstepped the mark and started hurtling along the tow path, with its tail so far between its legs that it was out in front. Jamaica was chasing this dog as fast as it could run. Apparently she did catch the dog, and did it very little actual harm, but it was nervous around cats ever since.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

Post by c.morewood »

Talk about thread drift.....:-)
Chris
Tesla Model 3 LR DM AWD Blue White
'00 Xant 110HdiSX Est 83K "W"
'99 Xant 110HdiSX Est 320K "V"