Nice places to stop off at.....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Nice places to stop off at.....

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

KirkHarle

Capability Brown, he of parkland, trees and gardens of the Country piles of the very well-heeled cut his teeth round here.
You can read the various info about him as you might expect, but above all Kirkharle is an excellent place for coffee and cake and more, outside on a nice day or inside, and a stroll round the lake or up through the woods and back by the church. Bit of an ornithological visit yesterday. Always armed these days with the free "Merlin" app, Listens for bird song and identifies the bird.

Not many of the assembled pubilc would have noticed the great ornithological joy, being that there is a colony of Tree Sparrows nesting in the walls. Some may have wondered whats that bloke taking pictures of the wall for :?: These little fellows are uncommon and certainly rarer than they were. Their Chestnut Caps distingish them from the more common house sparrow.
A Trio
A Trio
of
of
Tree Sparrows
Tree Sparrows
Two little ducks went swimming one day...
Two little ducks went swimming one day...
Without the large lens zoom <br />capability, number 79 on my <br />&quot;yes I know what it is cos I was there&quot; <br />duff bird photography, is this <br />Little Grebe which had a nest on<br />the lillies in the middle of the lake
Without the large lens zoom
capability, number 79 on my
"yes I know what it is cos I was there"
duff bird photography, is this
Little Grebe which had a nest on
the lillies in the middle of the lake
Foxgloves in absolute profusion in <br />recently felled woodland nearby
Foxgloves in absolute profusion in
recently felled woodland nearby
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

You may recall the vicinity of Lynemouth Power Station, is not one of the most attractive places on the Northumberland coast, wasteland of former industry and an orange river tainted with the output of former mineworkings...but just beyond the fence if you keep your eyes open this you might just be rewarded.
Newbiggin Dolphin Watch report Today 06:28
Dolphins heading south now at Lynemouth power station very close in feeding counted 15 but could be more 06.28 10/7/24
The location...no dolphins in the pic when we had our visit a couple of weeks ago.
DSC07085 (2).JPG
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

Very nice indeed but don't ask me about it :-D
Beers good food ok if you like salt!!
Beers good food ok if you like salt!!
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!