Xantia suspension - ride quality

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

That sphere is listed on Gabor's site as a Tecnosir BX front sphere though aparently not from a TD.
Dave
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Thanks Dave, that fits with the guy I bought it from...a sphere is a sphere is a sphere. Well there's your answer folks run your xantia on these spheres and it gets quite close to that CX feeling..... No not the blocked heater matrix ;-))))
Pete
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

I don't think this is very good idea, for two reasons.
First, all (non-hydractive) rear spheres have central bore around 1.1 mm, so fitting a sphere with 1.65 mm bore will result in quite uncontrolled rear axle. Larger bore will produce softer ride only when driving with low speed, while above 40-50 km/h there will be very little difference.
Second, 500 cm / 55 bar combination will result in very low spring rate, so that rear suspension will be constantly bouncing between bump and rebound stops, which will, in combination with central bores being too large, affect the ride comfort.
If you want CX-style ride, it's better idea to fit rear spheres from CX or GS. If you have an estate, you can try fitting rear spheres from Xantia hatchback, since dampers are softer.
Anyway, I'm completly satysfied with genuine suspension setup (450 ccm /50 bar front, 400 cm / 30 bar rear), which is somewhere between my BX with GS spheres and conventional car of the same size, so I'll leave it as it is.
AWG
My Cars:

Post by AWG »

I think I've found MY problem. The suspension is permanently in hard mode. The mode switch light does not come on at all without lights on which I understand is a self check failure. Also no noise at 600m on medium wave. I've tried changing the fuse (F8 under the bonnet). Just in case also tried F12 in the cabin. No joy. Next step is a readout I think.
Is there just the one ECU? Is there any alternative to a brand new one from Citroen?
Even in hard mode it's much better than the Toyota I'm driving today[:0]
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

You can find several documents with very good description of HA system on Yahoo Xantia forum, in files section.