thieving gizmo's!!!!!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Eddie Nuff
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 21:31
x 34

thieving gizmo's!!!!!!

Post by Eddie Nuff » 16 May 2014, 07:38

Swmbo's 07 9-3 doesn't have it - but there again it is a Vauxhall. :(

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16257
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 538

Re:

Post by myglaren » 16 May 2014, 16:26

Eddie Nuff wrote:Swmbo's 07 9-3 doesn't have it - but there again it is a Vauxhall. :(
Laura's last 900 was in appearance identical to a 93 but all SAAB bits.
They changed on that reg IIRC as there were 93s kicking around on it too.

isisalar
Posts: 666
Joined: 27 Apr 2008, 14:16
x 1

Re: thieving gizmo's!!!!!!

Post by isisalar » 17 May 2014, 12:17

Saab had some very strange features, including the ability to lock you out, even if you have the keys. I speak from experience.
Also, I remember once someone had parked one on some zebra crossing zig zags, left it ticking over while he dashed to a cash machine, had locked himself out and was waiting for someone to come along and unlock it, hopefully before it ran out of petrol.

Northern_Mike

thieving gizmo's!!!!!!

Post by Northern_Mike » 17 May 2014, 12:43

My Saab never locked me out. One decided that the heater valve would seize on hot in summer, which was helpful.

My VW Passat locked me out of the car on a hot day in summer 2003 with my 2 year old in the car on a petrol station forecourt when I'd been to the cash machine.

Sent from my GT-I9505

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
Posts: 9402
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 644

Re:

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 17 May 2014, 12:49

northern_mike wrote:My VW Passat locked me out of the car on a hot day in summer 2003 with my 2 year old in the car on a petrol station forecourt when I'd been to the cash machine.
I bet that caused a major incident. How did you sort it out?

Northern_Mike

Re: Re: Re:

Post by Northern_Mike » 17 May 2014, 13:04

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
northern_mike wrote:My VW Passat locked me out of the car on a hot day in summer 2003 with my 2 year old in the car on a petrol station forecourt when I'd been to the cash machine.
I bet that caused a major incident. How did you sort it out?
Well I called the AA, they said an hour. So i just smashed the drivers window.

Sent from my GT-I9505

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
Posts: 9402
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 644

Re: thieving gizmo's!!!!!!

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 17 May 2014, 13:06

I would have done the same. What did VW have to say about it?

I am surprised the AA would have taken so long. That should have been considered a MAJOR emergency.

red_dwarfers
donor 2017
Posts: 2521
Joined: 29 May 2008, 15:59
x 16

Re: thieving gizmo's!!!!!!

Post by red_dwarfers » 06 Jun 2014, 12:50

It's the sort of thing that tempts you to disable remote central locking on a modern car!

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1033

Re: thieving gizmo's!!!!!!

Post by CitroJim » 15 Jun 2014, 08:40

red_dwarfers wrote:It's the sort of thing that tempts you to disable remote central locking on a modern car!
Buy a C1 VT then. It's already disabled on account if it not having it in the first place :lol: