Evasion 2.0 HDI non starter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Barry1
My Cars: 2001 Citroen Evasion 2.0 HDI / 2009 C4 Picasso Exclusive.

Re: Evasion 2.0 HDI non starter

Post by Barry1 »

Brilliant I found out it was first registered in Belgium,so I phoned the dealer and within 5 mins he gave ma the code!!!! Result.Now to find a good deal on a Lexia.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

There are several different Lexia systems available on e-bay, but some of the Chinese clones have a firmware that has been 'blacklisted' by the software people, and cannot work with any version of Diagbox over 5.29. However, there is a newer firmware that can work with the current software. I purchased a Lexia system from Easy Diagnostics, and, although it is not the cheapest, it uses the newer firmware, and I am running Diagbox 7.15. Whichever system you get, make sure it uses better than Diagbox 5.29.

You will probably be running it on a laptop. If it is running Windows XP make sure it has a lot of memory, as Diagbox needs it to work smoothly. If it is running Windows 7 or 8 make sure it is 32 bit, or you have a good VM that can cleanly access the USB systems.

If you are wondering about Diagbox I will explain. As far as I know, Diagbox is the current diagnostics software used by Citroen. However, if you are connecting to a car over a certain age Diagbox will then call up the Lexia system, and let it do the diagnostics. However, Lexia is (obviously) an older system, and won't work if called from a 64 bit system (hence the need for a VM on a 64 bit computer). As the hardware is connected via a USB port the software needs to have clean access to the port for it to work.

I hope this helps.

PS If you decide to get the one from Easy Diagnostics mention you are a member of this forum. Unless things have changed they will then knock off the P&P costs.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Barry1

Post by Barry1 »

Thanks for that I'll have a look at Easy Diagnostics
Barry1

Post by Barry1 »

Just an update I've now got a Lexia and after a bit of fiddling reset the immobiliser and after 3/4 years she LIVES
Barry1

Post by Barry1 »

And just to add anyone looking for a Lexia should look at JJ Diagnostics what a brilliant service from delivery to sorting a software problem remotely nothing was to much trouble for them,I will be recommending them very highly to anyone who will listen!!!