2.2 Hdi engine - What to look for.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Re: 2.2 Hdi engine - What to look for.

Post by KP »

Standard seats are horrid but leather is the way to go. Heated and electric and are easy to clean up, the set i got for my dads was £100 and i spent a few hours really cleaning them out before fitting them as well, zymol is the best thing i have found to clean them and then gliptone and allow it a day to really seep in. they heat up quickly and adjust really well and are comfy. dont get me wrong, they arent as comfy as XM seats but then how can they be!
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Miguel wrote:
lexi wrote:I look at a lot of the older C5'S. It is those interiors man! They are like the Xsara Picasso seats.
Are they as bad as they look?
Si, they are dizgusting. I own in the past two of these cars.
They are "dizgusting"? Yet you owned TWO of them?? :?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

qprdude wrote:
Miguel wrote:
lexi wrote:I look at a lot of the older C5'S. It is those interiors man! They are like the Xsara Picasso seats.
Si, they are dizgusting. I own in the past two of these cars.
They are "dizgusting"? Yet you owned TWO of them?? :?
Si, why not? It is a good value for money, in my country, to buy second hand this car. The seats are not so comfy and if they get the dirt on them, is imposible to clean well, so dizgusting, yes.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Just that if I thought a car was disgusting, I wouldn't be buying another one. There are plenty good cars on the market without buying two disgusting ones.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

qprdude wrote:Just that if I thought a car was disgusting, I wouldn't be buying another one. There are plenty good cars on the market without buying two disgusting ones.
But I say the seats are pretty disgusting, not all the car! I think in your country there is much more choice of cheaper second hand cars and to find Passat, Mondeo or like this is not so hard.
hawaiianblue

Post by hawaiianblue »

Bad in what way? They're perfectly comfortable and wear reasonably well. The Citroen leather seats in my mums C5 don't look as nice as the ones in my Jaguar, but then it is a Jaguar.
I would go for the electric heated and adjustable leather rather than the cloth though.