The road gods hate my girl at the mo..

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Deb123

Re: The road gods hate my girl at the mo..

Post by Deb123 »

Well sills seem fine.. i had a ford for a short while a LONG time ago.. so i watch for rust like a hawk! :P so far so good..

and Mike i SOO wish that was the case. :P but no shes a 54 plate and my fingers were in reverse.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Found the post, and the worst of it is that the Picasso in question was also a 54 plate;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... asso+sills" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: However, somebody on the forum has found an issue in that the drain holes in the sills are blocked by the paint, which means that water gets trapped in them, and they then rot. I cannot remember who posted the information, or when, but there was a lot of information and photos posted.
Malcolm initially then Neil (CGAT). IIRC.
Deb123

Post by Deb123 »

ooo interesting.. i know i only have one small patch of rust and its not on a sill.. i have been around tapping and it sounds ok.. :S lol hard to tell but with the mileage on her i would be amazed if she hasn't got a bit hiding away. Its nice to know what to look for though and will be a tad more vigilant.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Some people find, especially with Xantias and Berlingos, that high miles = less rust. The airflow around the car while it's moving helps it dry out a lot quicker than it standing around doing nothing. I'd not be too concerned if it's been passing MOTs ok
Deb123

Post by Deb123 »

MOTs and Its annuel plate test which it passed this morning with the clunk.. :S

they did not even mention it. chuckle. i shall take it back to the garage that did the spring ect and let them take a quick look to be on the safe side :P
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Mine also passed the MOT with the clunk... I even asked the tester about it and he puy it back on the ramp and tried to find it and it didn't make the noise.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Deb123

Post by Deb123 »

ok so Upshot is.. After taking it to TWO garages.. to make sure that what they said was right.. Grin.

The newly fitted Coil Spring is juddering to catch up with the wheel turn. It is neither an MOT fail nor will it cause damage.. its just a VERY disturbing noise.

however.. the garage that did the work has ordered a Top mount (just in case) and will take it all apart, check the seating of the coil spring and if the top mount has any sort of wear will replace it while there.

Seeing as its been an expensive month.. its waiting till next month! :P

hopefully this will help others with a similar problem.

Deb x
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

The garage that fitted the spring shouldn't be charging you for this if it doesn't need parts. Their cock up in the first place.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Deb123

Post by Deb123 »

Added bit of story.. chuckle.. Had to drive down a VERY pot holed road last week.. (All small holes but tons of them!) and..

HEY PRESTO NO MORE CLUNK!!! Seems to have reseated itself all on its own! Clever Girl that she is! Grin.

And Mike there was no mention of payment ect for the top mount IF she needed it. he was however convinced it was fine when he looked at it or he would have replaced it first time around. :) Being a Taxi i need her to be as safe as possible so i don't skimp on parts. :P