My New Car - 2002 C5 2litre Hdi Estate

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SwissSPEC
My Cars:

Re: My New Car - 2002 C5 2litre Hdi Estate

Post by SwissSPEC »

The only reason is that i've purchased some semi synth 5W30 :( I also presumed that if i'm changing it every 6k, that it would be fine?
CX GTI 2 Turbo (LHD) - Sorn
Bx Gti 16v
BX TZD Turbo - Sorn
C5 Mk1 LX 2.0HDi Estate
Mini Cooper D Clubman
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

It'll be fine.
SwissSPEC
My Cars:

Post by SwissSPEC »

Phew :)

Another question: Do you know if the drain plug has the same size key as a BX? & is the oil filter the same as a diesel BX? Looking at it, it does look very similar, unfortunately its not a purflux that's fitted, so i can't compare the model numbers for the BX Purflux filters that i've got.
Bx Gti 16v
BX TZD Turbo - Sorn
C5 Mk1 LX 2.0HDi Estate
Mini Cooper D Clubman
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Sump plug is different - BX uses 8mm(?) square, whereas the HDi one is 21mm hex (although it has an allen in the middle IIRC). It's on the back of the sump - watch out when you drain it, as the oil shoots out about a foot backwards - easy to miss the bowl!! The BX filter will probably fit, but I think the HDi uses a larger filter - probably partly why the oil change interval was extended. I'd have thought an XUD one would be be OK for 6k change intervals.
Richard W
SwissSPEC
My Cars:

Post by SwissSPEC »

Handy to know about the oil peeing out, haha. I'll check filter sizes to be sure though, but thanks once again :)

Are interior door leavers easy to replace? The passenger side one has sheared off, i've bought a 2nd hand one off e-bay & was hoping to fit it this weekend if i've got time, just wondered what was involved.
Bx Gti 16v
BX TZD Turbo - Sorn
C5 Mk1 LX 2.0HDi Estate
Mini Cooper D Clubman
SwissSPEC
My Cars:

Post by SwissSPEC »

Thanks to Lighty (aka Mark Lightfoot) for fitting me at such short notice this Saturday. Cambelt, tensioners, waterpump, Crank Pulley (wasn't expecting that one), drivers door latch was loose, so kindly tightened it up :) Changed the fuel filter, nice new oil & oil filter fitted (just didn't have the time to do it myself & it was overdue), i'll do it next time. Top engine cover was loose, so glued the grommets back down (just need to find one grommet as it was missing). Great price from a garage, so just wanted to thank you Mark. Good to have a natter as well & learn some more things, saw the GS Estate, Volvo Amazon & a BX16v (get it back on the road asap :) ).
Bx Gti 16v
BX TZD Turbo - Sorn
C5 Mk1 LX 2.0HDi Estate
Mini Cooper D Clubman
SwissSPEC
My Cars:

Post by SwissSPEC »

Does anyone know much about the stereo fitted to LX models? Mine seems to have a mind of its own & refuses to keep to a volume level that i want on any given day, very annoying & sometimes it just refuses to work. The radio doesn't pick up a single station either, perhaps a loose antennae cable?
Bx Gti 16v
BX TZD Turbo - Sorn
C5 Mk1 LX 2.0HDi Estate
Mini Cooper D Clubman