Full XM factory manual on CD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

Copyright lasts until 50 years after the death of the author (it might not be 50 years). If the copyright holder modifies a work the copyright is extended to 50 years from the death of either the original or modifying author.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I still think you're jumping at shadows.
Alan S
robhall
My Cars:

Post by robhall »

I have just received Norrie's CD of the XM workshop manual. I already had the full electrical section of the manual but up to 94 only. I was therefore fairly familiar with its format. This has updates up to 2000 from what I can see. This is my second V6 XM and I have been after the full manual for ages.
My current XM is a late model V6 and its covered in all its detail.
Anyone who works on their own car needs this CD. even the pages with photo images are printing fine.
Some pages it looks like the scanner has had a trivial hiccup but nothing unreadable.
Thanks Norrie, super job
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

Hi all,
Due to popular demand I have opened a Paypal account so non-uk people find it easier.
Paypal is here www.paypal.com
Regards
Norrie
lanciaf
My Cars:

Post by lanciaf »

Hi Noz,
I have a RHD 1990 series 1 24valve v6. Does the cd cover it? If so, how do I purchase? I live in Australia,
Dave
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Norrie got a life of his own here : http://club-xm.com/forum2/index.php?act=idx
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Not wishing to pour cold water on this idea - but seems its already been done
Anyway - if they are knocking copies out for a tenner, you can be darn sure they aint bothered by copyright.
Anyone done a Xantia or BX one yet?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Shame theres no Xantia manual there.....
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

639Mb takes a while to download - on a 56K modem [8]
Norrie offer a CD.
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

Hi all,
I don't keep an eye on this forum every day and the forum software isn't clever enough to e-mail you when someone replies to your post. I caught this update whilst searching for any recent XM dialogue.
The screenshot shown above is from the named website. The person who runs it is:
Registrant:
CHRISTOPHER WARREN
Registrant's Address:
THE CHERRIES
WYNDHAM LANE
ALLINGTON
SP4 0BY
GB
The screenshot shown is the index page of an early version of my CD manual. I have written to him asking him why he's selling the CD having put no effort into it himself but as predicted he doesn't give a t**s. If anyone is desparate for the CD please contact me through the forum below.
I have also scanned the Xantia manual in the same manner even although I don't have a Xantia and probably wont ever have one. I did it at the time when I thought that people would respect the help from a fellow Citroen enthusiast. However, that has turned out not to be the case. You have to ask what the incentive is to help anyone.
I've also done a CD for the Series 1 XM, Xantia, CX and SM. But if some oik is going to take one and copy it for their own ends why should I bother.
For anyone wanting any XM help there's a free resource here:
http://club-xm.com/forum2/index.php?act=idx as Anders has kindly pointed out.
May I take this opportunity to thank all those people who have supported this effort to date and shown a glimmer of respect which is sadly lacking in today's society.
Cheers
Norrie
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Norrie - would far rather support a forum user than a non entity, was just pointing out the argument for copyright.
Now I dont need one for a XM, but a BX or Xantia.....[;)]
mwj666
My Cars: In no particular order :-

Mk2 XM V6 Exclusive (holds the record for longest I have ever owned a car, currently 15 years and counting, and not hit 100k miles yet!)

XM 2.0 turbo
C5 2.2HDI Exclusive
6 assorted CX estates
CX25 GTI Turbo 2, God that was *FUN*
2 x BX (19 and 19GTI)
1 x Xantia 2 litre estate
3 x AX GT
2 x Saxo VTR
Pug 206 Quicksilver - nice car but whoever invented DPFs should be shot!

Post by mwj666 »

Hmmm.. you say it's a page of an early version of your scanned XM manual - can we assume that there are later (and therefore presumably better) versions? And personally I'd rather pay a bit more to the guy who's actually done the hard work than someone who has just half-inched it !
Does it cover the XM V6 2946cc engine - if so I'm in for a copy, give me your paypal account details and how much you charge these days!
Cheers,
Martin