Xantia clutch job Parts,

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Re: Xantia clutch job Parts,

Post by citronut »

citroenxm wrote:Yes timmo.

The arm doesnt actually need removing,
as long as it can move freely on the fork shaft, as its the shaft that has to rotate more than the arm will allow it to
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Re: Xantia clutch job Parts,

Post by Timmo »

half the job done yesterday, followed the advice from you lovely peeps and all went Remarkably well! Very pleased to have the box off in under 2 hours, new clutch fitted, posty arrived to much excitement but lead to dismay as Still waiting on the clutch fork bushings! so cleaned the box up a bit with the wire brush on the drill, and fitted the input shaft and diff seals, So just waiting for the posty to deliver today's post in Hope the bushings are in it!! Almost put it all back as it was but would have that niggle about them whenever something didn't feel right!! ;-)

Did find out that the Gearbox mount was loose too! presumably form when the bolts on the box vibrated themselves out, one was Properly stiff and one loose but half inch thread out! :shock: removed, threads cleaned, copper greased and put back on,
i can now also see why its suggested to not have it too high! i bunged it up on the ramps, popped it in high, stands under and then dropped it back down, although from the passenger side i can lay over the wing with my feet wedged on the wall besides it is a Little high!! :oops: :oops: but, did mean i could sit in the wheel arch whilst fitting the clutch! :-D

hoping the posty delivers early today rather than the half 11- 12ish so i can get a few bits done before the school run!!

thanks again for the advice, its very much appreciated!!!!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor