Headlight washer-pump AND fluid-level indicator not working?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Headlight washer-pump AND fluid-level indicator not working?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Can't help you there Axa, if they were all the same there would only be one model, so there must be subtle differences between them (Bar, size, etc.) weren't the ones on the link I sent any good? New but about half the price. Plus, you know they will fit as they are the same part number.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Axa
My Cars: 2008 Renault Grand Espace 2.0dci Auto.
2006 Citroën C5 1.6hdi.

Post by Axa »

I'm not convinced the differences are hard to overcome. To low pressure can be a problem, but since they look the same and run on 12v I guess they can't be far apart on effect. The one you linked to are £71 shiped. The others can be find new for as low as £8 shipped. I'm tempted to just order one to find out if it can be made to fit.. :-)
I don't care how long it will hold up for. I just need it to spray at the MOT test, then I will pull the fuse again anyway.. And in case it's as badly sealed as the one I removed (and you linked to) I could live with ordering another to have as a spare pump in case they get seized by rust to..

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
2006 C5 1.6 HDi ( vin: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] )
2008 Grand Espace 2.0Dci Auto
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok shipping charges quite high then! Best of luck with it. Let us know how you get on with the different pump won't you. :?: :)
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Axa
2006 Citroën C5 1.6hdi.

Re: RE: Re: Headlight washer-pump AND fluid-level indicator not working?

Post by Axa »

GiveMeABreak wrote:Ok shipping charges quite high then! Best of luck with it. Let us know how you get on with the different pump won't you. :?: :)
I sure will. A friend at work mentioned he have a working pump laying in his garage. If I'm lucky it can be used.
Anyway I will do what I can to avoid the crappy sealed expensive original pumps just for the sake of it, and as long as it won't cost me to much time and effort. Will keep you updated! ;-)

2006 C5 1.6 HDi ( vin: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] )
Axa
2006 Citroën C5 1.6hdi.

Post by Axa »

The scrapper agreed to send me another used pump. I suggested the older Valeo version since I suspect the greater availability of them used could indicate they are better sealed and thereby last for do much longer.
https://www.allabildelar.se/p/Citroen/C ... 378/643459
Unfortunately he did send me another of the newer blue/black Fico pumps.

The new one on the left

It feels ok in the bearings and still looks clean inside the motor. But it will obviously in the end suffer the same death by rust, so I have complained again and asked for one of the black Valeo pump.

If the refuse to send one I probably will fill this one with as much propshaft-greas as I dare and hope it will keep the leaking washerfluid from reaching the bearings. Might be good idea to spray some penetrating Teflon grease into the motor to..

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I would leave the motor clean and dry......oils will collect brush carbon and dust, it will kill it quickly. Clean it of all rust, zinc prime and then 3/4 coats of brake calliper paint.
Also ensure your arch liner is fitted correctly, it should stay quite dry in there.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Axa
2006 Citroën C5 1.6hdi.

Post by Axa »

Sounds good. I will keep it with soaking the axle in penetrating oil to make it only go in and lube the first/lower bearing.
I will also avoid more propshaft greas then it's room for outside the motor when motor and pump is pressed back together.
I don't think any paint can elongate the life since rusty bearings is the limiting factor.
Also moisture from the outside is not a factor since the pressfit between motor and pump is so tight and well sealed so I could only separate them by hand after heating the plastic under very hot spring water for a few minutes.

Axa
2006 Citroën C5 1.6hdi.

Post by Axa »

And here we go again.
Bought an 2008 Espace IV this summer. Amazing car for the price we paid. But now it turns out that it got the exact same xenon washer pump as our C5. And guess what...... Yes, its NOT working [emoji43] [emoji37] [emoji28]
But this time I have ordered a brand new pump, and found it for a good price to! Headlight/Headlamp Washer Pump 8200331654, 9642218080 for Renault Laguna 2
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32495566 ... 66412.html
The motor inside the pump is now packed in sticky marine greas :-) Just waiting to be mounted as soon as I find out where they have hidden the fuse and how to get in to the pump. It suppose to be execrable from below without taking the bumper of..

Skickat från min XT1562 via Tapatalk
NiREvil09
My Cars: Citroen xantia

Re: Headlight washer-pump AND fluid-level indicator not work

Post by NiREvil09 »

VertVega wrote: 22 Jan 2014, 11:36 I hope this pic can be used as a reference to locate the pins of the connector :) .

The headlight washer pump fuse is number 4 as I mentioned above which you have already checked.
Hello, I need a photo of the Xantia image relay or the technical code of this part, please send it to me