C5 Tourer X7 Fusebox B

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jodyone

Re: C5 Tourer X7 Fusebox B

Post by Jodyone »

qprdude wrote:Probably very similar. I'm assuming the diagram is a cutaway(section).
I have a sneaky feeling that just removing the filler cap depressurises the tank, and not the system. There is possibly still pressure in the system, beyond the electro-valves, hence the need for lexia.

It would be good to know where the OP got his hydraulic fluid. I've seen 1 litre prices from £7.50 up to £16 (Total)

The handbook says no maintenance required for 5 years, so I guess it's time to have a look at mine.
Depressurising the system with Lexia drops the car nearly to the ground- much lower than "low" setting (though I haven't checked the bumpstops on mine..! Mental note). I got my LDS from Amazon- £32 for 4x1L Total, so £8 each.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Total-Fluide-LD ... 00E4NA0EU/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edited to add link..
2006 C6 Exclusive, 2.7 HDi
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Cheers for that.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

So I guess I may have to add more as even after adding 1 lt there is nothing in the basket when suspension is at low.
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
jpn369
My Cars:

Post by jpn369 »

osx wrote:So I guess I may have to add more as even after adding 1 lt there is nothing in the basket when suspension is at low.
Sounds like it. GSF is £9.90 per litre for lds.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

osx wrote:So I guess I may have to add more as even after adding 1 lt there is nothing in the basket when suspension is at low.

But the fluid MAY be visible if the system is depressurized by Lexia, and is truly at the lowest possible position. I'm not sure if the procedure mentioned means just dropping the suspension to the low setting, or using the Lexia to drop the car all the way down. Surely the lower the car, the more fluid will be returned to the reservoir.

There just HAS to be a reason, apart from cash, that the pressure has to be released via the diagnostic tool rather than the opening of the filler cap.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Jodyone

Post by Jodyone »

No! The other way round, sorry for not being clear. I did exactly that and LDS flooded out of the filler neck (cap off) when I depressurised with Lexia.

I had over filled by nearly a litre beforehand, and it still wasn't showing in the basket (I only stopped because I'd run out, and had a feeling something wasn't right, because my car wasn't leaking to my knowledge). It strikes me that many more C5's are around than C6's- what is the general wisdom on this?

To reiterate- depressurising the system in Lexia is chosen when the car is already on low suspension, and it then drops practically to the floor. As I did this I watched the LDS appear in the basket, make it to the top, and then break for freedom... I was quick with a turkey baster though to catch it before it flooded my engine bay! A similar scenario has been reported by at least one other person on the C6 forum.

Starting the car afterwards, it eventually lifted up to low (like a lazy old CX), then a little citrobics and everything back to normal. NO LDS visible in the basket at all.
2006 C6 Exclusive, 2.7 HDi
jpn369
My Cars:

Post by jpn369 »

Good news. After a sensible period of time and at least 500 miles driven no appreciable drop in level.