rear pipe burst during MOT test! oooooops! ;-)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Re: rear pipe burst during MOT test! oooooops! ;-)

Post by Timmo »

Hahaha! Yeah, erm, sorry about that! ;-)
Shame though, the brake pipes are twice the cost of the sus ones!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

Give them a coat of thick grease or waxoil and they'll stay like new.
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

pipes all fitted, picked it up yesterday from local dealers (chap mis understood when i said please ring when its in and was waiting for both pipes to come in! the drivers side long one isnt due till the 30th apparently), thought after people saying the bleed nipple and the caliper side were a nightmare and mine turned Lovely that something else had to go wrong!! the union on the K shaped valve underneath on the subframe was not willing! rusted so that an 8mm was too big, a 7mm was just okay open ended but not ring sized, but that just spun over the edges, took me a while to notice that the lower brace was removable mind after brain not computing that It and the Arb were different! hahah! had that moved out the way and got the big wrench on to loosen it, although at 1/8 turn a time! but got it off and the new one on with its new rubber ends, car down from the ramps, wheel back off and axel stand under the arm and bled it through, (garden rake was the best thing i had to hand to wedge the pedal down with! ;-) ) So is now all good except for the seatbelts, replacement ones are like the current, Fine out the car, but as soon as you mount them the friction on the top guide stops them! so off insearch of silicone spray morrow to coat them up in it!
but feeling pleased with my self for managing to do it all myself this year! First patch welded onto the car! neighbour had a socket for the rear hub and a Big 4ss oldschool Wrench, hub came off fine, with some gentle tapping, inner race came off easily with a cold chisel tap or two, Not without a lot of pain form the body mind, but worth it for the sense of satisfaction!!

Huge thank you to you all for the help, tips and pointers, Been Great as always!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

5 stars for that.
Helluva rust on these Xantias now. There will not be many left that are good underneath. The pressings and sub frames are cheap and unprotected.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

I did one of these curelys on my first XM, it's amazing what a fine mist the LHM can generate if the hole is small enough.

Steve.
not applicable