Battery question again,

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Battery question again,

Post by qprdude »

Cheers Martin. Sounds a similar but more advanced starter. Yep time will tell. I have AA roadside cover so I'll persevere with this battery for the time being. I'm still confused as to why "Economy mode" is always active when the ignition is switched on.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

Maybe the battery is smart enough to start preparing for the true winter to kick in (american style), that it decided to save energy beforehand ... :D ... jokes aside, one thing you could do is soft resetting the navigation unit (I can tell you how for the RNEG, not sure about others) ... it's a bit of a stretch, since the navigation unit doesn't really manage the car electrics (would make sense to do that to the BSI, but it isn't made in a way to allow that, luckily), but maybe it helps ...
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

I'm sweeping the problem under the carpet until it stops all together.
Rick.

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Is that Autoparts of Inverurie that you priced a fitted one at? I wouldn't trust halfords at Inverurie to fit a dustcap back on to a tyre valve. That's from personal experience. I needed a number plate for an mot, letters were vwn. They had reg document and made the plate wvn. It was pissing rain, I had 1 hr to get to test station, I never noticed and got a fail again. Bunch of eggheads! A mate I know uses Autoparts and can't praise them highly enough. Your back must be really bad, I would be able to lift a battery in and connect it for you ,and that's me been unfit for work for more than a year. You have my sympathy. I think it's about 30 miles from here to Inverurie, if you do get stuck just ask. It would get me out of the house for a day and I'd get a good look of a c5 x7. I've never even sat in one yet!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Cheers Davie. Yep Autoparts in Inverurie, but they are owned by Tawse Tyres.
Autoparts would sell me the battery but they don't fit them. They would have had to order the battery as they didn't have it in stock. The guy said that Tawse Tyres, just a couple of minutes up the road might have one in stock, and they co the fitting. I phoned on Monday and the foreman said come straight down, I have one here and will fit it for nought.
As I said, they tested my battery and said it was spot on, so I still have the old one. No more problems so far.
The back is still a bit dodgy, but I managed to do a bit of plumbing and joinery in the bathroom today, so thing are looking better.
Halfords? Yes, I occasionally go in there to price stuff, then get it elsewhere. I've never had them do anything to my car and I don't think I'd be comfortable with that at all. I think I bought some bulbs for my Rover 75 a few years back, but I fitted them myself.
Autoparts have a very good stock, reasonable prices and knowledgeable staff. If I'm ever up your way, you can have a sit in the X7, I'm pretty sure you'd be impressed.
Rick.

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I'm quite sure that I'd love it! !!!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Not as quick as your's I would think, but sufficient for an old git like me
Rick.

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

I used to drive like an old git, I'm getting there at 50! I prefer the driving and economy of a diesel, I am going to try selling the c4 in a couple of months, and the replacement for it is highly liable to be a diesel auto. The c2 vtr is bought with an eye for my son. He's certainly not an old git. He would have taken on the c4, but insurance quote for it for him was nearly 3 grand!!!!!!!! The c2 for him is just over 1 grand. It's shocking really that in both cases thats just under the trade values of the cars.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Northern_Mike wrote:http://Www.carbatteriesonline.co.uk - used them a few times, always next day delivery, always way cheaper than Halfords or Local Factors.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Ditto....recommended
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting