Removing 2.0 TCT engine and other Activa thingies

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantos
My Cars: Xantia 1.9TD Break non-hydractive (1999)
Xantia 3.0 V6 Activa (1998)
C4 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mk2 (2010)

Re: Removing 2.0 TCT engine and other Activa thingies

Post by xantos »

Well pressure is being lost somewhere because the STOP light needs about 15sec to go out, even though the car stood for just 5-10min. In the morning it needs more than 30sec. How to check if the anti-sink valves are operating properly? I am thinking of putting used ones on, but I have no idea if they are working properly... Just a thought has struck me the other day... I presumed that all the hydraulic piping was connected properly. But! What if one of the previous owners was fiddling with something and connected it wrong? :shock: You can so easily mix pipes up if you are not careful, especially on the anti-sink valve, quite some pipes and little room...

I will check for the tick rate with electrovalves off tomorrow. I have renewed the brake doseur about a year ago (new seals and new cap seal which was broken so a puddle of LHM in the cabin :evil: ) I have a doseur from a hydractive Xantia that I broke down, which was working properly, as the car didn't sink noticeable during long stand. Just needs the new cap seal, but might also be worthy to change the seals and the install it.

Meaning bouncy I mean it's fine as far as I'm concerned. On the rear I have spheres from a hydractive Xantia break. But already prepared IFHS spheres (correct ones, 1,5 years old, re-gassed to just above 35bar) that are waiting for instalment. In the front when doing bounce test it feels like the suspension is being compressed with little bounce back.
Xantia Break 1.9TD (jammed b****!)
Xantia Activa 2.0 TCT + LPG (1998) (peeing b****!) RIP
Xantia Activa 2.0 TCT (1998) (burnt b****!)
Xantia Activa 3.0 V6 (1998) (not a b****! yet :-D )
C4 Exclusive 2.0 HDi (gear shifting b****!)