hdis

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
Stickyfinger
Donor 2016
Posts: 9608
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 22:05
x 637

Re: hdis

Post by Stickyfinger » 09 Dec 2013, 15:07

Can't wait.....another Special Government Computer Program....LOL....watch it crash and burn ! then cost a billion to "patch" before they sell the whole thing for £2.00 to a Chinese company to run.

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Re: hdis

Post by Xaccers » 09 Dec 2013, 15:44

Stickyfinger wrote:Can't wait.....another Special Government Computer Program....LOL....watch it crash and burn ! then cost a billion to "patch" before they sell the whole thing for £2.00 to a Chinese company to run.
It's already in place and working well. They must have not let EDS anywhere near it!

jacksun1987
Posts: 450
Joined: 03 Sep 2009, 18:47
x 1

Re: hdis

Post by jacksun1987 » 11 Dec 2013, 16:47

with theses hdi engines can you still jump start other cars from batteries.
keep hearing with theses new engines it messing up the computers

Northern_Mike

Re: hdis

Post by Northern_Mike » 11 Dec 2013, 18:28

jacksun1987 wrote:with theses hdi engines can you still jump start other cars from batteries.
keep hearing with theses new engines it messing up the computers
Yes. No problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

isisalar
Posts: 666
Joined: 27 Apr 2008, 14:16
x 1

Re: hdis

Post by isisalar » 13 Dec 2013, 20:02

I attempted to jump start a 106 diesel from mine about 6 weeks after I got it about a year ago, the passenger side air bag light came on immediately, was on until a few weeks ago when an Italian tune up inexplicably turned it off.
My only experience of jump starting from an hdi but I'm not going to be doing it again.

Northern_Mike

Re: hdis

Post by Northern_Mike » 13 Dec 2013, 22:50

I've jump started quite a few things off the Xantia HDI (Rattiva), the Berlingo and the C5 I have now. Seems to be the province of the night worker - get to work, especially in winter, someone on days will have left their lights on or have a knackered battery. Done all sorts from Clios to a 4.6 Range Rover. Never had a problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 2

Re: hdis

Post by Citroenmad » 14 Dec 2013, 23:59

isisalar wrote:I attempted to jump start a 106 diesel from mine about 6 weeks after I got it about a year ago, the passenger side air bag light came on immediately, was on until a few weeks ago when an Italian tune up inexplicably turned it off.
My only experience of jump starting from an hdi but I'm not going to be doing it again.
Did you leave your Xantia running while starting the other car?

Where possible, run the car with the leads attached to the dead car to charge its battery. Turn off your car and turn on the dead one with the leads still attached. If that doesn;t work, starts yours but pull of one of the leads as soon as it starts.