I bought a Lexia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Re: I bought a Lexia

Post by Ben82 »

Bandit, I'm back over in 2 weeks until early Jan, so if you don't get it sorted by then I can give you a hand :)
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 X7 diesel exclusive

Post by Bandit12 »

Hi mate hope you are well. I've been emailing the vendor UKpolboy whose latest advice was to download a free version of Daemon Lite and "mount the image then...all I understood after that was blah blah blah! haha

He gave me the link to the Daemon Lite with the email so I downloaded it including the shortcut to my desktop but have to confess I've no idea what this program does and why. I then noticed a new icon on the disc itself which matched the shortcut to this Daemon Lite so I clicked it. It uninstalled version 7.01 then reinstalled it and after a bit of a tizzy cos it couldnt connect to the internet it upgraded itself to 7.02?? Bottom line is it appears to work! I opened the program right up till the point where it told me to connect Lexia to the car. It was getting late so I have not actually done that bit yet but its looking hopeful so far.
Please do not ask me why it works or what I did tho cos I have not got a clue?????!! haha

Have you or anyone else noticed that the LEXIA program which is designed to help us identify and fix French electrics is just as fussy as the French electrics its designed to fix! ;-)
My mate has an Audi and he said the LEXIA equivelant for his car was about £20, came with instructions, one disc, loaded first time and has given him no headaches at all! Jealous? me? no not a bit of it! haha

However I do thank you for your kind offer of having a look and I may yet need to take you up on it.

On a different note mate have you changed the oil on your gearbox yet? If so did that solve the funny noises you were getting? Sold your flat yet either?
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Bandit12 wrote:Hi mate hope you are well. I've been emailing the vendor UKpolboy whose latest advice was to download a free version of Daemon Lite and "mount the image then...all I understood after that was blah blah blah! haha

He gave me the link to the Daemon Lite with the email so I downloaded it including the shortcut to my desktop but have to confess I've no idea what this program does and why. I then noticed a new icon on the disc itself which matched the shortcut to this Daemon Lite so I clicked it. It uninstalled version 7.01 then reinstalled it and after a bit of a tizzy cos it couldnt connect to the internet it upgraded itself to 7.02?? Bottom line is it appears to work! I opened the program right up till the point where it told me to connect Lexia to the car. It was getting late so I have not actually done that bit yet but its looking hopeful so far.
Please do not ask me why it works or what I did tho cos I have not got a clue?????!! haha

Have you or anyone else noticed that the LEXIA program which is designed to help us identify and fix French electrics is just as fussy as the French electrics its designed to fix! ;-)
My mate has an Audi and he said the LEXIA equivelant for his car was about £20, came with instructions, one disc, loaded first time and has given him no headaches at all! Jealous? me? no not a bit of it! haha

However I do thank you for your kind offer of having a look and I may yet need to take you up on it.

On a different note mate have you changed the oil on your gearbox yet? If so did that solve the funny noises you were getting? Sold your flat yet either?
Sounds like you may get it working after all, I'm good thanks mate, nope not done the GB oil, had too many Saturdays with other things going on (or falling ill) that I simply have not got around to it, and now its turned into the worst time of year to do it :( Flat is on the market by the landlords but no takers, doesn't help when they haven't marketed it properly, though now I think their (exclusive) time is up so I can get an estate agent to do it for me :)

Though probably the worst time of year now to try to sell.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 X7 diesel exclusive

Post by Bandit12 »

Sorry to hear you have been unwell mate. Yes I tried the Lexia again and although I had to switch laptop off and on again it once again seems to be working on version 7.02. Ill hook it up to the car tomorrow and then I will know for sure.
Sorry to her your landlord not making a proper job of seeling your flat. If its any reassurance, house prices are defo on the up :-)
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)