Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Re: Lexia group discount through moderator?

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Richard,
Thanks for that, and yes, I did go to a few screens where validate is the only option, that's one of the reasons I was being ultra careful, so thank you for the timely tip!
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

If anyone has a car with climate ECU that doesn't work with a clone Lexia, I would like a go on their car with my genuine Lexia. Needs to be west London or Herts area though unless you want to travel.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

what price did these DIS LEXIA's come out at in the end including carridge, or did i miss something

regards malcolm
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

citronut wrote:what price did these DIS LEXIA's come out at in the end including carridge, or did i miss something
£105 each.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Post by civvie »

Is it worth putting this thread on a sticky for a while? a couple of weeks down the road it will have disappeared within all the old posts.

Just an idea.

Steve
Steve

C5 2.2hdi auto until I sell it (sold it) now have Peugeot 3008 1.6HDI (Now sold)
Had the jab a couple of days ago. Feb 21
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

civvie wrote:Is it worth putting this thread on a sticky for a while?
It has been done Steve...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stekelly
My Cars: 2022 Trafic work van
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
98 Xantia Activa (briefly)
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

Post by Stekelly »

Add me to this if possible. Need me a Lexia.
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

With a C5 and an Xantia TD in the family, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these. I would like to make up a part order with some others here. Please let me know

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

Just seen that Vista is not supported- I take it Win 7 is not either. Will need to get a l.aptop with Xp on it then.

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Gregg1100 wrote:Just seen that Vista is not supported- I take it Win 7 is not either. Will need to get a l.aptop with XP on it then.
I've not tried it on Windows 7 due to not having a suitable laptop but if it won't play on Vista then Win7 does not look likely. It may work on a Win7 machine inside a virtual machine running XP. If I can ever lay my hands on a gash Win7 laptop I might have a play...

Having said that, Lexia does not need a state of the art laptop and does not need a lot in the way of memory and processing power. The real secret to good operation is to use a very clean and basic build of XP with no communications to the outside world. I'd get hold of an older laptop that's been retired from normal use, reinstall XP from scratch, take off any stuff that's not needed, disable wireless and all networking and install the Lexia and PP applications.

I would imagine that a suitable laptop can be procured quite cheaply, most families seem to have one or two somewhere gathering dust (like old mobile phones) and they can enjoy a new life as a dedicated diagnostic machine.

Else that, get hold of a laptop with a busted screen, a very common reason for scrapping them, and then get a replacement screen from ebay and fit it. This can work out very cheap and you may find a laptop that''s otherwise OK bar the screen may be almost given away...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Post by civvie »

There's one other option for folks who have a laptop and don't have XP installed on it. Buy or obtain a new hard drive, doesn't need to be a large one, swap the new hard drive for the one in the laptop, they are usually easy to get out, and put XP on the new drive plus the lexia software and use that drive just for the Lexia software.

Ok you have to swap drives when you want to have a "session" but it give you that option.

Steve
Steve

C5 2.2hdi auto until I sell it (sold it) now have Peugeot 3008 1.6HDI (Now sold)
Had the jab a couple of days ago. Feb 21
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

civvie wrote:Buy or obtain a new hard drive
Excellent thinking Steve :-D
Jim

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I've now used this Lexia to successfully program a new key to a 56 reg facelift C3, it worked a treat on Tim's 1.8 8v Xantia and my VSX as well. The only car it's had minor problems with is my S2 Xantia accessing the A/C menu and reading the list of causes of the alarm going off, other than that it works exactly the same as my genuine Lexia 2 but quicker.

Reading through the menu's on the C3 was interesting as the Bsi logs faults as they appear and disappear giving mileages, temperatures, the number of occurrences etc there is also the facility to access further information on each particular fault so far more detail than is available from say a Xantia.

I've already got my money back on my Lexia as I've programmed a new key I bought from eBay for £40, compared with buying a key from a dealer and getting them to programme it costing a quoted £154 :-D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Another sollution to not having XP is to create a new partition on your existing hard drive and install XP on it. You can boot up on XP when it's needed for Lexia.

I'm interested in a Lexia too, so, please add me to this list of buyers.

Happy New Year to everybody on the forum.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

Regarding windows 7, I have no problem running either lexia or peugeot planet on my Win7 laptop. No idea about running it under vista though.
I did have to install windows virtual PC (which is a free microsoft download) and I couldn't get it to work with both Lexia and PP in one 'virtual PC' so I ended up with 2 seperate virtual PC's.

It's a while ago now but I remember struggling with a few other bits so this may be of use:-

If the Peugeot planet install hangs half way through, copy the CD to the (virtual) C drive and install it from there.

In windows virtual PC you need to tell it which USB device(s) to attach. The Lexia/PP hardware shows up as 'unidentified device', as does a few other things on my laptop (webcam etc.) It's trial and error choosing the right one.