Xantia suspension high

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Re: Xantia suspension high

Post by Old-Guy »

My quick and lazy way of cleaning height corrector mechanisms is to soak in spray penetrating fluid (3-in-1 is almost as good as PlusGas and more available), good scrub with a cheap stiff paint brush, more spray and brushing, until it's all nice and clean. Wash off with a spray can of brake cleaner then spray grease (white grease or motor-bike chain grease).
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
dav3y
My Cars:

Post by dav3y »

:roll:
Last edited by dav3y on 25 Nov 2013, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
Citroen xantia td sx 2000
dav3y
My Cars:

Post by dav3y »

Back to smooth ride and no dodgy looking jacked up rear!

Bag O Bones ordered at £2.19 each from local Citroen garage and had a bash on Friday. My problem was the bone had popped but the actual ball joint that connects to the height adjuster had come out of it's socket and was dangling on the the end of the dog bone. A clear example i imagine of how a seized / seizing adjuster can affect this mechanism.

I replaced the dog bone anyway and gave the whole unit a clean n grease while placing the ball joint back in with a little extra ( still a good fit but had certainly had a good tug ) to keep it held. Maybe next year i will taken the whole unit off / strip and clean and look for a more permanent solution to keep the ball joint in, possible a spot of weld?

I think the worst par of this job was actually placing the spring clip that holds the dog bone back on, it completely had me for a while, got there in the end though. I think i read some people were having difficulty finding something to hold these on. Mine looked like a triangle ended clip ( triangle end hooks on to end of dog bone ) one end and a hooked holder at the end (two u shaped clips that clip over the end of the clamp arm and latch on when released ). I did take a picture of it and will attach later when i get home if anyone needs to know what it looks like.

May also look at some type of cover for this when i take off as I am amazed this is so exposed.
Citroen xantia td sx 2000