2.2 can't start it,was ok???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

Re: 2.2 can't start it,was ok???

Post by deano1970 »

I am guessing that this is the part/s I need?? http://www.eurocarcare.net/rear-suspens ... r-kit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This would do the job?? just need to get the garage to get it repaired...two I been to so far don't seem convinced???
C5 X7
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Dean

Lighty, who posts on here regularly, runs this outfit not far from you: http://marklightfootltd.co.uk/ He definitely knows what he's talking about! The garages you have spoken to don't, as the C5 is nothing like the Partner, and the bearings can be replaced (relatively!) easily.
Richard W
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

Thanks for that richard.....I found a site that supplies the kit for £55 so they must be replaceable......I will check lighty out,thanks....really annoys me because my knowledge is none existent,but you expect a garage to know what they are talking about?? will check out the link now thanks richard........
C5 X7
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

this garage (or these) don't want to take your car apart and fix it Dean, they want to buy a brand new rear something or other, and fit the whole thing..

I would avoid,,
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

The garage doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Partner/Berlingo axles can be had reconditioned and fitted for around £350.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

jgra1 wrote:this garage (or these) don't want to take your car apart and fix it Dean, they want to buy a brand new rear something or other, and fit the whole thing..

I would avoid,,
Yes. They either don't want to do it, or have no idea. Or both.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Some (not very encouraging!) words and pics in this thread: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 8&p=380447" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Richard W
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

thanks guys.........The garage I first went to have just rang me back and quoted £117.00 for two repair kits plus labour...reckon total to fix would come in at around £300,which I can live with,just won't bother ringing back the other garage,I agree,they either couldn't be bothered to take it to bits to fix it or they wanted me to shell out big money on a new axle....the 2nd garage was the one who said the peugeot partner was being scrapped cos of same problem...to be honest,they weren't very helpful when my battery failed and I got the anti theft device faulty warning.they wanted to tow it in from quarter of a mile away,and put diagnostics on it and charge me for it all,when all I actually needed,as advised on here,was a new battery so i'm quite glad in a way it's not going to them, I will avoid them now....... I don't mind paying £300 to get it up and running ok,I was expecting something like that,and it is far too nice to scrap.........I will keep you informed and thanks again richard for the link to lightys website,I will keep it for future reference...It just works out a little better for me if the garage it's going to fixes it as I work next door and can drop the car off friday morning and collect it friday night........ :) feeling a little happier now
C5 X7
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

sounds like your battery was a Dud then, remember it takes 20 mins of running to put back what you take out in starting the car.
good job its not a xantia after jump starting it you would have to find a way to get your rev counter needle back to zero
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

ha,yes I have had a few xantias over time, I was looking at a cheap C5 on e bay the other week, good order and everything working apart from the speedo, which was stuck at 110mph?? very odd.....
C5 X7