My Xantia after been hit by an Audi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Christian S
My Cars:

Re: My Xantia after been hit by an Audi

Post by Christian S »

C5? Njae... Rather C6 8-) You can buy them now for nothing :) But if you buy the diesel, the tax is tremendous high! Around 650 quid! :O
I hope the Activa V6 is in such good condition as the pictures I've got shows.

CAN BUS has its advantage but the old relay system has more advantage to be service available. Like choosing between plague and cholera
Vid min Cittra vill jag kvittra
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

He must have been doing 30 mph?
Funnily enough,when it happened to me I had the German VW Santana 5cyl petrol. It had a massive towbar and a brand new 405 came whizzing up my rear as I sat at lights. He hit me such a wallop my seat broke and I lay in back seat :lol:

His car was write off but mine had a slight twist in towbar and boot lid had to be forced shut. Whiplash had not been invented then :rofl2:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

lexi wrote: I had the German VW Santana 5cyl petrol.
That's interesting, I have seen my first ever VW Santana model cars in Shanghai :) They are very commonly used as taxis there. Later on came the newer versions Santana 2000 8-)
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
Christian S
My Cars:

Post by Christian S »

lexi wrote:He must have been doing 30 mph?
Funnily enough,when it happened to me I had the German VW Santana 5cyl petrol. It had a massive towbar and a brand new 405 came whizzing up my rear as I sat at lights. He hit me such a wallop my seat broke and I lay in back seat :lol:

His car was write off but mine had a slight twist in towbar and boot lid had to be forced shut. Whiplash had not been invented then :rofl2:
At least! He complained afterwards ache in his right arm. His arm hit the steering wheel at the impact. I think he wrote an sms or spoke into the phone and didn't notice I stood still. If he moves the tow bar over 50cm under the car, the impact must been hard. The police checked if I we were drunk or so but I was sober. And it needs pretty hard impact for the airbags to be released.
Vid min Cittra vill jag kvittra