2.2HDi clutch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Re: 2.2HDi clutch

Post by SaabC5 »

KP wrote:Cheers Saab.

hadnt dropped the subframe but that makes sense now as im guessing just the bolts on that side can drop out to lower it enough. CORRECT

the bolt at the top of the bellhousing was a pig, as was another one round the back.
For t he fusebox hidden bolt you mention is that so you could get the gearbox mount off? YEP , TOOK MOUNT OFF AS IT WAS IN THE WAY We took the 3 bolts off the mount/gearbox end itself as 2 are bolts and one is a stud. As i think the gearbox is toast im tempted to take my angle grinder over and justlet my dad chop the box to bits to get it out, bit much i know but its being a right ballache now!
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Well i got an update from him last night that he had managed to get some of the diff away and had found another bolt behind that and its much freer now so will see how it looks later today when i pop by to see him.

I'm sure he is thinking of another use for the 5litre petrol can i gave him for cleaning bits that come off as he goes along...

Thanks Saab :)
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Why do you think the gearbox is toast? Normally pretty strong unit, mine whines slightly when you come off the gas and roll but its always done that even with a change of tranny fluid. Mines chipped as well to 160bhp so extra 40lbs of torque to handle.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

It won't change gear easily as you only get 1st/3rd/Reverse by really ramming it in and I've checked the cables for movement and wear and the selectors are hard as nails and not soft at all. My dad thinks it's ceased internally or one has broken. :(

It was fine when my dad parked it up and then behaved like this when he went to move it.
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

SaabC5 wrote:Why do you think the gearbox is toast? Normally pretty strong unit, mine whines slightly when you come off the gas and roll but its always done that even with a change of tranny fluid. Mines chipped as well to 160bhp so extra 40lbs of torque to handle.
Mine does the same whines when off the gas in forth.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I think if he strips it down he will find something is amiss with the selector fork setup.

The oil that's come out so far is also a bit murky but to be ecxpected in a car with 112k on it and likely never had a fluid change in it's life seeing as for years manual and auto boxes from psa are sealed for life :(
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

My dads now got a lot of wiggle room with the box but says that it seems stuck on the long driveshaft, the one that like the XU engines in the xantia runs thru a mount on the back of the block and then into the diff from the drivers side wheel.

I think he just needs to yank it a bit harder and it should slide out but he thinks its locked onto it in someway :(

Does the diff need to just come off it totally for the unit to come out?
How i wish for access to the tech docs on citroen or autodata lol