Any 2.1TD SED XM owners out there?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

That sounds sensible. Are you taking the Xacmotor as a donor for the head?
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Re: Any 2.1TD SED XM owners out there?

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

If he will still sell it to me yes and providing it has a keyway in the camshaft (gearbox end) to accomadate the Vacunm advance
pump, if its a MK1 and hasnt got the pump I am hoping it has the keyway on the end of the camshaft.
actually more like praying.
cheers Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You could get Malc to look it up by VIN, I am sure Xac will have kept that detail. My money is on the keyway existing.
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

I certainly hope so,
guess what I actually feel nmore relaxed about trying to get her repaired than I do buying something else
with unknown problems.

Just had a PM from Xac Yes it does have the Vacunm pump on the end of the camshaft
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Excellent.

can't wait to go on a cruise again.

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Nigel, I really think that's the absolute right decision..

Always better the devil you know...

Doesn't stop you getting an XM for fun though :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
beko1987
My Cars: 2002 Xsara HDI 110

Post by beko1987 »

I bought a 2.0 TCT Estate for my family car when my daughter and all her crap outgrew the ZX I had. Don't know what all the fuss is about. So far it's been no more tricky to work on than any other car.

I had to change the rear shocks and springs on my partners Meriva, removing and checking the rear spheres was an easier job I thought!

Of course, when something big goes bang it might change my opinion, but I bought it cheap enough to scrap it and not loose out if it came to it
1997 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen XM
1994 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen Xantia
2005 Renault Laguna
2001 Renault Laguna
2002 Peugeot 406

1997 Citroen ZX
2002 Citroen Xsara
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

beko1987 wrote: Of course, when something big goes bang
Given the condition of yours Sam, I consider this very unlikely and if it does it has to be a very, very big bang indeed to write the car off...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...