front discs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Re: front discs

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Try it and let us knopw how it pans out.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
dowen

Post by dowen »

Sunday morning I got it all off again, started with the bolts through the carrier against the old pads,tightened as much as I dared, got some Map gas on it.
Nothing budged! Tried banging again with the lump hammer, at this moment the church bells started, so I tried to get in time, then put an extra beat in.
I must say the harmonics of the disc sounded marginally better than the church bell, and for all I know the old vicar was banging on a bit of 4inch pipe!
My eyes rolled back and I started to dribble. Its time to stop! its not going to work.
Went to First fix tyres this morning
They will do discs pads drop links new tyres and ballance, labour only £60
Sorted!
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Are you sure the Labour charge won't go up when they discover they can't get the disk off easily?
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.