V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

KP

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Post by KP »

I enjoy most of mine, but as Sundays dilbert illustrated, that is the cause of my stress!! Ha ha. I tend to try and stay in my own bubble and plough through the machines and issues and having a tv that I can watch as well while working or the ability to hop on my laptop and play some battlefield for a few minutes while machines build is good :)

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

CitroJim wrote:Even work causes me no grief these days Will. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I've been crawling along for the past 39 years and it gets brighter by the day. I'll soon emerge from it blinking in the bright light of retirement :-D

I'm just cruising now - biding my time like a good boy, doing as I'm told, doing my hours and not making any waves. My career is at an end. The only good thing about my job is they pay me for something I really generally enjoy although I hate the work itself unless I'm working on something to do with 'nix :)
Just be careful that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: Just be careful that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train!
It could be worse than that James. It could be someone with a torch bringing me yet more work to do... :evil:

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

CitroJim wrote:
Hell Razor5543 wrote: Just be careful that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train!
It could be worse than that James. It could be someone with a torch bringing me yet more work to do... :evil:
It could be even worse than that. It could be a raging inferno!

A related sign I once saw. "In order to save energy the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off for the foreseeable future!".

KP

Post by KP »

Or it could be a collection of Vauxhall's with faults!!! ;)

And a man in a red and black long coat saying "Welcome to your new office!"

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

KP wrote:Or it could be a collection of Vauxhall's with faults!!! ;)
The stuff of nightmares :twisted: :lol:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Right then back on topic.......... Yes she spit out the dummy again today :twisted: as I was going to pick something up for Jim off Will, luckily I had the Lexia with me =D> and was able to plug it in, not surprisingly this was the only fault registered on the gearbox :roll:

What was more surprising was this, :shock: :shock: which to be honest I'm not sure I like the look of.........

At the time this screenshot was taken the gear 'lever' was in the PARK position....

Now having said that, I had to call at the shop on the way home, so stopped, locked the car, went shopping, returned and drove home, all the while the gearbox behaved like nothing had happened....

Mandrake

Post by Mandrake »

Nice work Steve, you caught it red handed on the Lexia. =D>

Definitely the missing engine speed signal then as we thought - and there's only a few things that could cause it, all of them electrical. Did you notice any misfire, stumble or cut out of the engine at the time it happened ?

2nd gear being reported will have been when the fault occurred, not when you read it on the Lexia. Its the "snapshot" or "freeze frame" data that gets recorded at the time of the fault.

If you want to look at current sensor inputs go into the parameters measurement section - this will show you live data from the input controls, speed sensors etc...

My bet is its either the crank sensor or chafed/damaged wiring in the wiring loom between the engine ECU and crank sensor, or between the engine ECU and gearbox ECU. Jim will have the wiring diagrams so will know exactly which wires to check...

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Mandrake wrote:Nice work Steve, you caught it red handed on the Lexia. =D>
I thought something along those lines, however, the words I used were much more uncouth " got you, you b..... " :lol:

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Something like "Got you, you bar steward"?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Good, excellent. We have something to go on now :-D

KP

Post by KP »

There was definitely a bar in the words I can say that for sure.

Sir Walsh was not happy when he pulled up but more so when he left my work today and we looked a bit odd stood there with a netbook and some leads on the roof lol

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Your getting nearer Steve, so am I too :wink:.

Mark

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

bxzx16v wrote:Your getting nearer Steve, so am I too :wink:.

Mark
Excellent, couldn't be happier for you :-D

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

We'll see this weekend possibly [-o<.

Mark