V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Post by CitroJim »

Steve, go with your heart. Most reliable in my experience. If I'd have followed my heart throughout life I'd not have made so many mistakes but then I'd have not discovered a very rich seam of life either :-D

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Well, the Xantia decided to spit it's dummy again today :roll: not something I was expected........ :twisted:

I've managed to get it back, but I'm now wondering if it's worth doing something a drastic as replacing the box........ in the mean time, I'm going to see how it goes........ but not impressed......

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

I'd so love a V6 Xantia Steve but reading through yours and Simons blogs really puts doubt in my mind. The Zx never put a foot wrong in 4 years, but I'd really love a V6 #-o.

Mark

BW

Post by BW »

bxzx16v wrote:I'd so love a V6 Xantia Steve but reading through yours and Simons blogs really puts doubt in my mind. The Zx never put a foot wrong in 4 years, but I'd really love a V6 #-o.

Mark
Reading the blogs worries me too, and I've got one. Don't be put off though the V6 is a fantastic car and (touch wood) I've not had a single problem this year.

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

To be fair Mark, I'm putting the issue with mine down to being poorly maintained prior to me buying it. I don't think the car has any issues as such I just think it's not been looked after, and that's where the problems have begun.

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

There's one for sale in this month's citroenian over in Manchester, does anyone know the car?

Mark

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

No doubt Jim will, having said that I might have some pics, I'll have a look later

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Steve, how exactly did it spit its dummy this time?

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Exactly the same as last time..... wouldn't change up from first... Stop car move selector from drive to reverse, double thump, move selector back to drive, double thump again and set off in top.....

What I did then was stop, moved the selector from drive to reverse and then quickly back to drive only got one thump and the gearbox worked again...... :roll:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's odd Steve. At least we've ruled out one cause and it can't be the 'box itself. Next substitution must be the ECU.

Come down and see me. I have one here and I'd be happy to see if we can sort it once and for all...

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Thanks Jim, time wise it couldn't have happened at a worse time, I've just started a run of 9 days work....... worse case scenario is I'll collect it XM if you're going........

KP

Post by KP »

Steve you can always borrow one of mine if you need another stop gap car for a bit and we could do a trip down one weekend maybe and all 3 of us lay into the job?

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Will, I'm going to give it a few days and see what happens...... if it's recurrent, then I can see a train trip down to collect one, in the mean time, I'm going to butcher the two diagnostic leads that don't work and try to make one good one, it's something I've been putting off, but I think to get my bum in gear.....

KP

Post by KP »

If I can help at all Steve just let me know :) I have a spare car in Warrington as well albeit a 2.2hdi without working ac...

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Steve, check out this post first;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=49018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;