V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote:Do you want that item I took to Scotland returned in one piece or twenty..... :?: :?: :?:

:lol:

You're now behaving like your Avatar Steve :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

It's these young "pups" Jim, especially when they think their "Mr Perfect" sometimes they need showing whose boss........

:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

KP

Post by KP »

My ears were burning and I checked this thread and my name was just there :-D

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

Trainman wrote:It's these young "pups" Jim, especially when they think their "Mr Perfect" sometimes they need showing whose boss........

:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Time frames r a bit of rally prep this morning, planning on hoovering and valeting the car, after I've sorted out why the parking sensors have stopped.

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Well, all I can say about the Xantia towing the trailer is, thank God it's a high top trailer, and I can see the top in the rear view mirror.... you notice no power difference whatsoever.

I asked Jim to put his Elit on the Xantia yesterday, after clearing a couple 'old' faults relating the the previous gearbox problems, I'm more than pleased to report nothing else was found........Happy days..... :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote:you notice no power difference whatsoever.
You don't unless the trailer is very large Steve... A ton of caravan might blunt it - a bit... The only way you ever know you have a tiddler on the hook is the indicator repeater squawking when you are signalling...

On the same token I completely forgot there was an HP20 in the boot of my Activa yesterday :twisted: No noticeable change in anything despite all that weight...

I'm happy to say it never moved a millimetre :-D

I'll be back briefly today for reasons I'm sure you are now aware of :wink: and this time I'll be in my V6 Xantia. The Activa is both low on petrol and still has aforesaid HP20 in the boot. Gosh it didn't half have a thirst for the old premium unleaded yesterday :evil:

But first.. Karate...

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

CitroJim wrote:Gosh it didn't half have a thirst for the old premium unleaded yesterday :evil:

But first.. Karate...
Quick, grab the LPG kit out of the XM before the new owner collects it! :-D

Mandrake

Post by Mandrake »

Trainman wrote:Well, all I can say about the Xantia towing the trailer is, thank God it's a high top trailer, and I can see the top in the rear view mirror.... you notice no power difference whatsoever.
Although I never got a chance to tow in mine (even though it has a tow bar) I can fully believe that. :)

All the other cars I've ever owned you can notice the fall off in acceleration as soon as there are even a couple of people in the car, especially trying to overtake up a hill...

I had this one fully loaded with four adults and the boot stuffed to the gills for a long trip back in the early days when it was still running properly, something that would have bogged down my previous cars and I honestly didn't notice the slightest loss of performance - it still flew up the hills like a mad thing and made short work of anyone and everyone on the overtaking lanes without really breaking a sweat... :twisted:

Really fun to drive... :)
I asked Jim to put his Elit on the Xantia yesterday, after clearing a couple 'old' faults relating the the previous gearbox problems, I'm more than pleased to report nothing else was found........Happy days..... :)
Glad to hear that - so since you replaced the switch on the gearbox you've had no more gearbox problems then ? =D>

I'm bet you're chuffed about that! It's been a bit of a long road for you that car, (I know how that feels) but you may be there now... :)

I take it then that you don't have a Lexia ? I was thinking about popping mine in my back pack when I head down on Thursday as I just use a tiny netbook, I'm curious to pop the Lexia on the V6 before I drive it back. (Hopefully my 16 pin to 30 pin Series 1 adaptor works - I've never used it before, and many of the cheap ones don't work!) Somehow I thought I'd seen you say you had a Lexia now but maybe not! :)

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I believe that Steve has a Lexia, but not a working adaptor (from S2 to S1 port). I did the pinout of mine for him.

Mandrake

Post by Mandrake »

CitroJim wrote:The 'James May' third of Team WFA...
If recent photos are accurate, you'll need to grow your hair out a lot to fill that role Jim. :-D :lol:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:I believe that Steve has a Lexia, but not a working adaptor (from S2 to S1 port). I did the pinout of mine for him.
Simon, James is correct, I do have a Lexia but neither of my 30 pin connections will work on my Lexia/Xantia. So if you want to just fetch the adaptor, your more than welcome to use mine.

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Trainman wrote:
Hell Razor5543 wrote:I believe that Steve has a Lexia, but not a working adaptor (from S2 to S1 port). I did the pinout of mine for him.
Simon, James is correct, I do have a Lexia but neither of my 30 pin connections will work on my Lexia/Xantia. So if you want to just fetch the adaptor, your more than welcome to use mine.
Worked fine on my C5 though :)
Cleared a host of old faults and initialised the CD autochanger. Everything working perfectly now, many thanks for that Steve.

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Next time we meet up Steve I'll bring my full Lexia kit with me. It'd be interesting to see how the adaptors work on your Xantia.

KP

Post by KP »

If you think the thirst on yours is and Jim try 3 tanks to just over 1000miles! :D