V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Trainman
Donor 2018

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Post by Trainman »

CitroJim wrote:
Mandrake wrote:I don't know about the gearbox ECU but I know the engine ECU will erase any temporary faults that do not reappear for 40 engine starts.
I think the autobox ECU may keep them forever Simon...

I hope it keep's them too.......... I want to get to the bottom of this, My aim is to get this car restored to the condition where it's winning prizes again, not the current condition of feeling like a tug on the Manchester Ship Canal......

whatever happens there's a LEXIA going on it tomorrow one way or another
Last edited by Trainman on 28 Oct 2013, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
Chris570
Donor 2020

Post by Chris570 »

CitroJim wrote:
Mandrake wrote:I don't know about the gearbox ECU but I know the engine ECU will erase any temporary faults that do not reappear for 40 engine starts.
Only until the day of judgement I believe.

Please also remember that "Thou must depress the brake pedal while checking faults on the Gearbox ECU" In accordance with the french scriptures
Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Chris570 wrote:
CitroJim wrote:
Only until the day of judgement I believe.

Please also remember that "Thou must depress the brake pedal while checking faults on the Gearbox ECU" In accordance with the french scriptures
First problem is getting to have a conversation with the ECU..... :roll:
Chris570
Donor 2020

Post by Chris570 »

It may not reply, but it does listen.....
Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Chris570 wrote:It may not reply, but it does listen.....
I'm used to that in this house..... :rofl2:
Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

"To infinity and beyond" well Anglesey actually but you get my drift, just sat having a cuppa before SWMBO crawls out of bed and then I'm heading west.

The route will take me along the M6, M56 and A55, let's hope for clear roads.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Have a lovely trip Steve :-D
Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Well the heater matrix is done, pig of a job, although Paul did make it look easy :-D.

Just the water pump and timing belt to do tomorrow, and then there's a couple of odd jobs for Thursday
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Others who have been in here might spot the front section of heater box on the floor...

Oooerrrr that was me, I pulled a bit hard and it came away... :shock:

Luckilly the latchs on the small section on the floor broke, NOT on the main heater box.. so into the stock to find another heater box and swapped the front over from another.

Genereally went ok.. dont think I broke.... OH Yes I did break something else, the bloody heater pipe elbow plastics... in the engine bay.. luckilly, a small stock in the shed provided another which needed cutting down to connect to the LPG coolant pipe T junctions... so again, nothing drastic.. 8-[
Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

citroenxm wrote:Others who have been in here might spot the front section of heater box on the floor...

Oooerrrr that was me, I pulled a bit hard and it came away... :shock:

Luckilly the latchs on the small section on the floor broke, NOT on the main heater box.. so into the stock to find another heater box and swapped the front over from another.

Genereally went ok.. dont think I broke.... OH Yes I did break something else, the bloody heater pipe elbow plastics... in the engine bay.. luckilly, a small stock in the shed provided another which needed cutting down to connect to the LPG coolant pipe T junctions... so again, nothing drastic.. 8-[
I think today's school report should say "must try harder" not to break anything :rofl2:
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

You can get new aftermarket coolant hoses for some Citroëns now. I believe they may come from the same Polish supplier as originals.
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

We dont have a week to wait for them to arrive, steve goes home thursday (2.5 hours drive home!) :)
DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

That's a lovely Xantia you've got there Steve.

Was slightly odd seeing Paul handing you the dashboard to be put somewhere for safe keeping this morning though!

Hope you guys have a good run of weather tomorrow to get the timing belt done :)

David.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent stuff gentlemen :-D Paul, you don't know your own strength with that heater box :lol: :lol:
Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Well, we've started again this morning doing the timing belt, and discovered the top engine mount is goosed and the spring tensioner..... I will have to get them sorted out another time, i'll post some pictures later.