wicked engine shaking at idle 1.9TD Xantia 1998

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Re: wicked engine shaking at idle 1.9TD Xantia 1998

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

I have found a little 3mm nick in the Auxilary belt on the outer edge I guess this has caused the tension on the belt to wear the pulley/s unevenly and has probably damaged the Idle Damper shock asorber as well.

I want to find the parts myself and in the past I have only replaced the Damper spring, tensioner and a new belt.

If I provide the last eight digits of my Vin Number can anyone look up for me please what I need to replace rollers wise on the path of the Auxilary belt ?

I have a feeling that there may be another tensioner roller at the bottom of the engine the BOL is very confusing for my engine.
It states a manual adjuster and an automatic adjuster for air-con models like mine but I am not sure wether it does actually have a manual tensioner as well as the auto-tensioner at the top of the auxilary belt.
I have until wednesday to sort the parts as she is going to pleiades any help with this would be gratefully recieved.
I wouldnt want to waste Martins time not arriving with the right amount of parts. :oops:

Thanks in advance

Nigel.
Last edited by falling-out-with-my-car on 04 Aug 2013, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Nigel, use the 2.1TD image in the BoL to see what the aux belt is like on your Xantia.
You've got the auto tensioner which has the spring behind the hydraulic pump to provide the tension. Then lower down you've got the eccentric tensioner. I found when my eccentric was rumbling I could stop it by spraying the outer face of the eccentric with 3 in 1 grease which made it go silent showing that it was the culprit.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Nigel send me the last 8 digits of your chassis/VIN No. and i will get the OE numbers for you,

im surprised you have not registered on

http://service.citroen.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

your self yet, its not difficult and dont worry what others say regarding a valid VAT No., as you dont need one if you go through the registration as a Jo p*u*b*i*c whooooops :roll: :-D :wink: i mean public
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Malcolm,

PM sent with last 8 digits of Vin Number

Thanks regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Nigel
pm sent back as S/C dont like that VIN
have another go :roll: :-D :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

falling-out-with-my-car

Malcolm,

Ive checked the inner drivers wing and the reg docs and they are the same
Ive sent you the whole vin number this time.

regards Nigel.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

tried the last 8 again and it worked

here is price and part No.'s of the auto and eccentric tensioners and spring plunger

this is the eccentric
Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
0000575129 TENSION ROLLER 82.71 GBP 99.25 GBP 99.25 GBP

this one the auto
0000575130 TENSION ROLLER 99.35 GBP 119.22 GBP 119.22 GBP

plunger
Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
0000575181 TENSIONNER 84.26 GBP 101.11 GBP 101.11 GBP

the belt has two options dependent on which brand of AC pimp is fitted

5750 WS
DRIVE BELT ALTERNATEUR
K6 - LE 1726
"WITH SANDEN COMPRESSOR"

5750 YF
K6 - LE 1736
"WITH HARRISSOW COMPRESSOR"

the actual drawing shows two tensioners and one idler,

but in the list of part No.'s it dose not have the idler, so i assume your car aint got the third roller
Regards, malcolm.

falling-out-with-my-car

Thanks Malcolm,

so I need the spring plunger (as they call it). Idle vibration Damper.
The auto-tensioner that it bolts to at the top of the engine.
The excentric pulley at the bottom and
a belt of course

ahha got my head around it now the characteristics list threw me a bit wow there is a lot of info. :oops:

Once again thank you for all of your help Malcolm, Trust Citroen to hide auxilary belt tensioners in the electric componants
section, its almost like they dont want you to find it.
I'm gonna look up the 2cv charachteristics now and see if its there.

regards Nigel.