Bosch fuel pump replacing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Re: Bosch fuel pump replacing

Post by Stewart(oily) »

When I did one I was surprised how the smallest movement of the pump on the slotted holes made such a difference, how is the car driving/starting?
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Re: Bosch fuel pump replacing

Post by oscar »

Hi it started on the button after bled it earlier finished putting bits back then turned key and away it went just a little high i thought on idle might whip that shock thing off as don't like it didnt have on other pump as was broke.
going to take to MOT place for redo then to diesel place ask them to check for me but sounds ok didnt smoke either but will know better once drove for while but did rev it up and went ok.
would it be retard to slow idle? as did sound slightly clattery i thought but then if running better fueling do anyway.