Bosch fuel pump replacing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Re: Bosch fuel pump replacing

Post by oscar »

Hi will do later but this is on replacement pump before remove pulley and get to see where right places are for pegging before i do the rest.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I am certain that theres a woodruff key on the pulley, unlike some .
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi will do grey moment what size was the locking bolts thread? M8? as off to get a few from shop but forgot! think was M8.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Yes just ordinary M8 bolts around 50mm long.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
oscar

Post by oscar »

hi is flywheel one M8 also? got a 60mm one for that ifso.
Stewart(oily)

Post by Stewart(oily) »

oscar wrote:hi is flywheel one M8 also? got a 60mm one for that ifso.
I use a length of M8 allthread with some of the threads filed off to give me an easier start.
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi Jez someones having laugh with taking pump off that bottom nut is ???? got a halfmoon spanner(is 1/2" but can't get it with enough room to move it took aux belt off did it easy way undid idler wheel as couldn't get square drive on to tensioner jockey now shoved lhm pump outta way? well unbolted but for hell see how other guy gays take bolt outta alt then release other and slide so then can get an ordinary spanner on it.
Off to get another half moon spanner Any recommended that work as seen a few but some look more curved than others or more square angle which looks better for reach.
Screwfix do some or i will make my own from ring ground down and welded curved.
Stewart(oily)

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I ended up with a half moon spanner and a 3/8 drive socket, you can make a lot of room in that area by removing the oil filter/heat exchanger, I did not remove its water pipes.
Jaf
My Cars:

Post by Jaf »

It's a 13mm on my car. I didn't take anything else off, just used a mirror cos I couldn't find the nut by touch to start with. It is very tight for space and can only turn the spanner a teeny tiny bit. Need patience! The worst bit for me was putting the pump back on, getting the nut back. Must have dropped the #!#! thing half dozen times.
Fred, a silver 1998 1.9TD SX Xantia.
Gwin, a white 1994 1.1 AX.
oscar

Post by oscar »

well after a F+@#ing palavour got a set from machine mart screw fix(next day delivery)snap on guy didnt have either got a set of blue spot! plus a set of S ones also but can take one set back as wasnt too sure on the curved ones for angle but was ok.
more than be said of that bottom bolt Yes Jaf used a lot more words than that! got washer on then tried nut and both came off trying to jiggle it in with pulley end half n half as used some longer bolts and zipp tied belt so good move pulley away so pump came out but might have to have bottom pulley off as can't find woodruff key have a spare from new pump but friend says i got it out from shaft but can't find it now unless dropped down side of headlight?.
Bolt on end of pump outlet end if im right can push through with a screwdriver etc round back of pump?

Even with engine out of car or car removed for better pictures it still is a pharp do they remove alt/ac/lhm pump cradle? in garages
Stewart(oily)

Post by Stewart(oily) »

oscar wrote:well after a F+@#ing palavour got a set from machine mart screw fix(next day delivery)snap on guy didnt have either got a set of blue spot! plus a set of S ones also but can take one set back as wasnt too sure on the curved ones for angle but was ok.
more than be said of that bottom bolt Yes Jaf used a lot more words than that! got washer on then tried nut and both came off trying to jiggle it in with pulley end half n half as used some longer bolts and zipp tied belt so good move pulley away so pump came out but might have to have bottom pulley off as can't find woodruff key have a spare from new pump but friend says i got it out from shaft but can't find it now unless dropped down side of headlight?.
Bolt on end of pump outlet end if im right can push through with a screwdriver etc round back of pump?

Even with engine out of car or car removed for better pictures it still is a pharp do they remove alt/ac/lhm pump cradle? in garages
If it was easy every bugger would be doing it, it took me until my third one before I worked out the easier way 8-)
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi yeah either get someone else to do or remove car from round it and turn upside down?.
If keys fell down from pump would it drop down belt and if remove crank pulley would i find it?
Stewart(oily)

Post by Stewart(oily) »

You had better find it, I would remove the bottom pulley and the cover and blow the area around with an airline, magnet on a stick etc.
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi had pulley off and found it sitting there smiling at me it had dropped past belt/pulley so might have been ok anyway but best not to take chances.

Just need layout for washers for LHM pump so space correctly now as been while since removed and washers etc have been moved from where i had them theres a washer that has a hole big enough to fit the long bolt that goes through lhm pump over taper on shank wondering if had one
oscar

Post by oscar »

Well pumps all in and running now think might have to adjust pump timing? as idling fast 900/50ish