Total Discount

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16586
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 597

Re: Total Discount

Post by myglaren » 27 Sep 2019, 13:34

Just checked and my last lot from Amazon was £23. Delivered free.

Andle
Posts: 65
Joined: 19 Sep 2017, 15:35

Re: Total Discount

Post by Andle » 01 Oct 2019, 09:51

myglaren wrote:
27 Sep 2019, 13:34
Just checked and my last lot from Amazon was £23. Delivered free.
1) Would you mind sharing the info?

2) Also - on the thread in general - is there any update? Where can forum members get a discount on total oils?

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 17192
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 1597

Re: Total Discount

Post by GiveMeABreak » 01 Oct 2019, 10:00

I don't think they sell direct anymore - they use distributors - so there won't be any direct discount. Opie Oils still don't answer emails, which says a lot about them after multiple attempts.

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16586
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 597

Re: Total Discount

Post by myglaren » 01 Oct 2019, 11:28

Andle wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 09:51
myglaren wrote:
27 Sep 2019, 13:34
Just checked and my last lot from Amazon was £23. Delivered free.
1) Would you mind sharing the info?

2) Also - on the thread in general - is there any update? Where can forum members get a discount on total oils?
It has increased to £30 now.


eBay (Opie) £26
Just need to shop around. Sometimes the dealers have it at reasonable prices.

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 17192
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 1597

Re: Total Discount

Post by GiveMeABreak » 01 Oct 2019, 11:30

I’ve had a response so will update later

Andle
Posts: 65
Joined: 19 Sep 2017, 15:35

Re: Total Discount

Post by Andle » 02 Oct 2019, 20:30

GiveMeABreak wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 11:30
I’ve had a response so will update later
Great News!

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 17192
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 1597

Re: Total Discount

Post by GiveMeABreak » 02 Oct 2019, 20:43

Only that I’ve made contact with Opie Oils and am awaiting a response from the relevant individuals, but I’m not holding my breath.

I’ll chase up again tomorrow.

User avatar
bobins
Donor 2016
Posts: 2612
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 18:07
x 582

Re: Total Discount

Post by bobins » 02 Oct 2019, 20:58

I wouldn't be surprised if they'll give a discount off of their website, but - on a good day - you'd get just a good a deal from them via eBay or Amazon. I do find that relatively 'standard' products bought via eBay / Amazon tend to be about as cheap as they can be viably be sold at. It does pay to monitor the prices though as they can vary day by day - including some sellers putting their prices up a bit when eBay have buyer discounts on :roll:

Andle
Posts: 65
Joined: 19 Sep 2017, 15:35

Re: Total Discount

Post by Andle » 07 Oct 2019, 10:57

bobins wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 20:58
I wouldn't be surprised if they'll give a discount off of their website, but - on a good day - you'd get just a good a deal from them via eBay or Amazon. I do find that relatively 'standard' products bought via eBay / Amazon tend to be about as cheap as they can be viably be sold at. It does pay to monitor the prices though as they can vary day by day - including some sellers putting their prices up a bit when eBay have buyer discounts on :roll:
Might it be a good idea to have a sticky, in which members can share any oil offers/deals they've seen?

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 17192
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 1597

Re: Total Discount

Post by GiveMeABreak » 07 Oct 2019, 13:07

Unfortunately as offers, discounts and deals change almost daily, there wouldn't really be a lot of point - except create a lot of dead / outdated posts and there is nothing more frustrating than that - from experience.

Andle
Posts: 65
Joined: 19 Sep 2017, 15:35

Re: Total Discount

Post by Andle » 09 Oct 2019, 19:35

Any luck with Opie Oils?

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 17192
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 1597

Re: Total Discount

Post by GiveMeABreak » 09 Oct 2019, 19:43

Nope! This is what happened last time - all eager and then can't be bothered, so don't hold your breath. Sorry!

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16586
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 597

Re: Total Discount

Post by myglaren » 09 Oct 2019, 20:37

Same with Total, they were enthusiastic then failed to follow through.

Andle
Posts: 65
Joined: 19 Sep 2017, 15:35

Re: Total Discount

Post by Andle » 12 Oct 2019, 18:43

myglaren wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 20:37
Same with Total, they were enthusiastic then failed to follow through.
myglaren,

Would you be up to trying with total again?

Seems like there's nothing to loose.

Plus - quite some time has passed.

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 17192
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 1597

Re: Total Discount

Post by GiveMeABreak » 12 Oct 2019, 18:48

I don't think total sell directly now to the public - only through normal channels.