Correct spheres?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Correct spheres?

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Those should be the correct size, according to CitroJim (and experience of fitting myself). Good luck, and comfortable driving.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
isisalar
My Cars:

Post by isisalar »

Well the sphere replacement went well, the droplinks were wrong so have been returned to GSF with no fuss. They no longer carry lemforders only TRW/Lucas so I got a refund. Local Eurocarparts have a pair in stock for me at £50 the pair inc. vat have to sort them out later.
First thing I checked was the rear which is now sitting back where it should and full travel has returned, it was fine when the height was adjusted a few months ago and I think the center sphere must have let go while the LHM was in and that was what was feeding in the nitrogen bubbles. I checked the tank on low and there were just a tiny amount of bubbles, even before doing a citrobics session, previously it looked like a pint of lager 1/2 drunk.
I've still not managed a full citrobics session but have done a good few miles and the car is transformed totally. This is my third Xantia, the second hydractive, and the first hydractive I've driven that is working properly suspension wise.
Six years it's been,trying to get to here so you can imagine how pleased I am today. I intend keeping this one as long as possible so this is a major part of getting it right.
Simon:- thanks especially for your help and advice, I have followed the link to the old Hydractive/bubbles thread, been glued to the 10min mod thread, also the hydractive for novices thread. Fingers crossed I don't think I need the mod but good to know.
Going in on Monday to get the brakes bled so that should flush out any last remaining nastys.
I'm thinking that perhaps the very old and thin hydraflush from GSF in the red container may be something that should be avoided, it felt very thin almost like white spirit, the ride was worse with it in, unlike the last time I used it. Before it went in the rear center and the two front corner spheres were working but on the list to replace. All three failed while it was in, coincidence? It looked like a very old bottle and this is a new branch, who knows how long it had been around. There is some new stuff in different packaging on their list now.
Thanks again for all your help guys, off for a waft now.
Cheers
Paul
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

What make was your hydroflush Paul?

If it wasn't, perhaps Total hydrorinçage would be the best option.
isisalar
My Cars:

Post by isisalar »

That is exactly the stuff I used although it was in the old style red plastic container. It was extremely dusty, the front label had come adrift, almost certainly from the same batch I'd used on the VSX 6 years ago. They don't sell much of this stuff so it could easily have been ten years old and I think it had degraded in storage. It certainly didn't feel or behave as it did previously.
Cheers
Paul
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)