Raspberry Pi anyone?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers

Re: Raspberry Pi anyone?

Post by Xaccers »

Now that is nice looking Steve :)

That PiPad though is financially crazy. It's something like £100 for the screen, £25 for the battery, £35 for the Pi, so that's £141 already before any of the extra bits, and then at the end you've got a Pi in a box that you can't run while it's charging, which doesn't have touch screen optimised apps, when you could have picked up a Nexus 7 for £40 more.

taffy

Post by taffy »

you guys are mega cleaver!! =D> :notworthy: :notworthy:
cant wait to see it working!

taffy

Post by taffy »

i used to mount a 7 inch tablet in front of the face vents and run torque andother apps..also was good for music!
also fitted a 7 inch doubledin but had to cut out some ducting..however all ran well..
be awesome to control it of the steering wheel buttons thats just class!!

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers »

Off work with a chest infection, so I set about connecting up the internal network and configuring OpenELEC to stream music from my laptop so at least I have some background entertainment (we have no telly or broadband yet, only a USB dongle from Sky to use until broadband gets installed, hopefully tomorrow).
I've also found a program that runs on Windows and can stream Netflix to XMBC, just have to wait for the MPEG2 licence to come through to test it.