how many ladies do you know or seen drive xantias

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: how many ladies do you know or seen drive xantias

Post by citroenxm »

Northern_Mike wrote:
addo wrote:Is it excessively camp for your tastes?

Such a shame there's no "like" button on this forum. .
Thank God there isnt.. we have face ache shoved down our throats enough its like how the hell did we communicate before it came along!!!...
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'm not on it! :-D Nor PlonkedIn.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I drove past a very nice (if very bumpy) gold Xantia series one the other day with a lady driving it and there is also a green (and very rotten) one around with a lady driver too.

My mum bought a new Xantia TD LX in 1994, she drove our first Red Activa too and used our white XM for almost a year. Most got off scratch free too! But she wouldn't drive our XM estate as it was "too big and a manual with too many pedals". She also wont drive a C5 and I'd struggle to get her driving a Xantia now, she is used to smaller cars.

My sister does drive a C5 and while the bumper corners dont like her parking techniques she gets on well with it, she even tows with it. She has also driven my Activa a few times and my old XM Prestige too.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

qprdude wrote:Yep, size and gender have little bearing on ability I always find. I've seen some 6 footers who I wouldn't let drive my bleedin lawn mower. How tall was Schumacher?
If a short person, or a lady driver feels comfortable in a car then they will probably be a good driver. If they don't feel comfortable, they probably won't drive it.
That said, we have a taxi firm who use Mk1 facelift cars and one of the drivers is a woman. Ihave no idea how tall she is, but I do know that she is possibly one of the worst drivers I have ever managed to avoid (more than once). She drives with complete and utter disregard for other road users, no signals, cutting accross at junctions, stopping just about anywhere, including at pelican crossings but I don't believe for one minute it's because she's a woman, she's just an incredibly bad driver.
It's because she is a taxidriver who thinks she owns all the road!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

daviemck2006 wrote:
qprdude wrote:Yep, size and gender have little bearing on ability I always find. I've seen some 6 footers who I wouldn't let drive my bleedin lawn mower. How tall was Schumacher?
If a short person, or a lady driver feels comfortable in a car then they will probably be a good driver. If they don't feel comfortable, they probably won't drive it.
That said, we have a taxi firm who use Mk1 facelift cars and one of the drivers is a woman. Ihave no idea how tall she is, but I do know that she is possibly one of the worst drivers I have ever managed to avoid (more than once). She drives with complete and utter disregard for other road users, no signals, cutting accross at junctions, stopping just about anywhere, including at pelican crossings but I don't believe for one minute it's because she's a woman, she's just an incredibly bad driver.
It's because she is a taxidriver who thinks she owns all the road!
It's more than that. She just can't drive. She has no idea of the width of her car, she can't reverse in anything smaller than an airfield and she allows the car to wander over the road like a drunk driver would.
I have seen here sitting at a roundabout waiting to go, when there is no traffic other than her. When another vehicle approaches ,she suddenly decides to shoot out in front of them. Honestly, you wouldn't believe some of the things she does. If I ever need a taxi home and she turned up, I'd walk.
:roll:
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
ashy90

Post by ashy90 »

Northern_Mike wrote:
jacksun1987 wrote:I know this sounds a bit of a weird question. But i look at a xantia I think mans car. xasera more of a ladies car. If you know what i mean Its very rear a see a lady get out of a xantia Theres one on ebay
with a lady owner
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Xanti ... 3cd19515ee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is something about Xantias that does not suit short people. Women are often shorter than men.

My wife has crashed or scraped every Xantia I've had since I've known her. She's never (touchwood) so much as marked any of the other cars. She's 5'4" or about 164cm for our European friends..
I would agree with that. My girlfriends mum had a couple of Xantia's. she's pretty short and looked a bit silly/ridiculous driving it,
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

My daughter Sian had a drive of my V6 Xantia the other day and loved it to bits!

A bit different to her normal wheels, a Pixo...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Jogador
My Cars:

Post by Jogador »

While I was still living with my now ex, we were buying a car for her, and only had my xantia for a month or so.
She's always wanted a small car, since she's an inch over 1,5 meters tall, but after driving my X for some time, all of a sudden she wanted a big car. :mrgreen:
Found her a very tidy mk2 also in silver, in the same exact spec as mine, but she wouldn't go for it (I can imagine the confusion in the mornings...umm, which one is mine again? :-D ).

So she got a mk2 xsara instead, but she still insists that my x is a much nicer car to drive.

It was a funny spectacle though, you could barely see her behind the steering wheel, how she saw anything other than blue skies above is beyond me. :mrgreen:
Maybe that's the reason why she bumped I think, at least three corners of my xantia :shock:

On a not coompletely unrelated note, my mom and sister both dread the xantia, maybe because of its size or perhaps because it's French, and they both drive VWs :roll:
Every big accident starts with a bloke saying: "Watch this!"

Xantia Mk2 1.8 16v in silver
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Jogador wrote: On a not coompletely unrelated note, my mom and sister both dread the xantia, maybe because of its size
It's not size. Sian commented that the Xantia did not feel at all big to drive and she's not a big girl by any means. Even I notice how small the Xantia feels after a spell in the XM...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Jogador
My Cars:

Post by Jogador »

CitroJim wrote: It's not size. Sian commented that the Xantia did not feel at all big to drive and she's not a big girl by any means. Even I notice how small the Xantia feels after a spell in the XM...
Well they claim size first and foremost, because sitting inside, it's a lot bigger then their respective cars (a VW polo and a Fabia).
I keep trying to convince them to take it for a drive, but no luck.

I'll admit, the car looked big when I first bought it (my previous car was a Renault 5, I was used to driving in a smal steel box), but driving it, it really doesn't feel big.
Especially when the going gets a bit twisty, handling is superb (I can only imagine, how an activa would ride =P~ ), and with the state of our back roads (atrocious), I can outrun a DS3 THP in the bends, but it takes a lot of shifting :twisted:

Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Ladies in the Xantias, I'm callin out to ya...

Post by Xaccers »

addo wrote:Am I the only person who sees the thread title and every time, thinks of the Beastie Boys' "Hey Ladies"? A classic piece of self-deprecating retro-disco-funk-schtick.

For a moment I thought they were the three amigos
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Have to say, a lot of members seem to think the Xanthia is some sort of monster truck. It's just an average size family car. Don't know what everyone is used to driving, but lets be honest the Xanthia ain't exactly huge!
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Exactly; I have frequently referred to mine as "The French Camry". Even the 605/XM isn't a huge car. I am more careful about kerbing the wheels but overall it's not an artic (although they share similar turning circles).

And for the dance music nostalgics who liked the Beastie Boys clip:

Remember how much an XM or 605 was worth in 2001! :shock:
Jogador
My Cars:

Post by Jogador »

Xantia is not a huge car, I've driven much larger cars, but when you park it next to a polo, it does look a bit on the larger side =)

It's funny, my sister also claims that the suspension makes her sick when driving over speed humps (or any bumps on the road), and that she prefers the ride in her vw, which I would compare to being shaken around on a wooden bench (especially compared to the hydraulic gliding of my x).

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

qprdude wrote:Have to say, a lot of members seem to think the Xantia is some sort of monster truck. It's just an average size family car.
Is it really?

You know how people complain about the size of 4x4s on the road.. ? Well, a Xantia saloon is a foot longer than a Jeep Cherokee..