Petrol Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

Re: Petrol Xantia

Post by allanmc »

Just another question how easy is it to change the back of the drivers seat as the new !!! has a small tear in it I cant change the whole seat after 147.000 it is done we are going to Corfu for a week

Allanmc
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hmmm, in that case seems odd then they never did an HDi Autio Xantia..

Allan, I don't think you'll find it too difficult. I've not doe a Xantia one but I've done a few 405 ones in the past and basically you just release a few clips, any lumber support knobs, armrests, the headrest bosses and the cover slides off like a glove...

Why not just change the whole seat? A lot easier in the long run as it's almost certain the seats have to come out to slide their covers off anyway..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Jim thats us home from holiday and started to dismantle the seat but have to say I gave up after a n hour or so as it was not easy so I have decided to fix the small tear on the offside lumber part of the back of the seat with some adhesive I will try again some other time the reason I cant just change the complete seat, the seat part has no support tried to see if I could add foam but again gave up sent a text to Norrie telling him the car was going to be dismantled so he could forget about my problem
allanmc
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

I have a few questions about my Petrol Xantia, I bought it after seeing an add. in the May Citroenian Magazine which said it had done 68,000 but when I went to buy it it had only done 66,000 with the last 6 MOTs to prove it so it was to good to let it go. Jim you said the first thing I should do is change the Auto box Fluid, thats fine but the book says that it takes 6 ltrs dry or 4 ltrs drain and fill could you tell me the best way to do this, another thing I forgot to say in November I bought a Clutch Kit from Eurocar parts for the HDI which i never used it so they said to send it back and they will give me a refund which I think will be a credit note so I can buy everything I need for the car from them.
Regards
Allan
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Allan,

I have a PDF detailing the gearbox oil change procedure on the AL4. If you PM me your email address then I'll send it to you. It's too big to offer on here...

Yes, four litres of LT71141 is about right. Be sure only to use LT71141 and nothing else. I'm sure you've seen all the past posts on this subject..

Sadly though I don't think ECP sell LT71141 and whatever you do don't accept any substitute they try to offer you as it won't be the right stuff..

Sorry for the delay in responding... See my blog for the reason...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...