Strange click at steering wheel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

taffy
My Cars:

Re: Strange click at steering wheel

Post by taffy »

If you liked everything else that is...top spec one on same reg u prob looking at 1000 ish
99 silver 2.1td exclusive xantia
99 red 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia..
00 black 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
99 blue 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
57 blue C4 GP 1.6hdi exclusive
08 black C4 GP 2.0hdi vtr
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

As also you will have learnt a lot about The engine etc...where as a different make u will have loads to learn again...I swear by The hdi its done me well and I torture mine leavin it runnin all nite while I'm working in it and its not let me down...jus a heads up mate u got all The help u will need here :)
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
stu9

Post by stu9 »

I know what you mean Taffy and you're right....I do like it, and it's very comfy, it's just that I dont like the floatyness (if that's a word) and dont feel connected with the road but that's probably because of the hydraulic suspension.

But yes, you're right about the hdi engine, it was one of the best best.....it's just that I got a fright last week when I priced one the front shocks - £330 inc vat each, but someone here said I should be able to get something cheaper, but if I couldnt and needed 4 = not worth it

PS...yea I've learned a few things so far....not to buy French again :mrgreen:
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

Haha well french is why were here now :) yea they've made and are still making mistakes but its us that sort it out :) its a shame u don't like The hydrolics...perhaps u haven't seen its full potential...floods self leveling...I use mine quite a lot for gettin in fields and sites jus pop up The suspension and it saves ur car abit more thenmost...floods iv been past a long que of cars and drove straight through..lol The underdogs of The road :) but really its wat makes our cars so special...well gosh a strut why wood u need a new one? Second hand would do surely...prob hundred from breakers...but I think your gona get another car anyway..jus think about wat u know it will be priceless for The future..
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
stu9

Post by stu9 »

It's not that I dont them (hydraulics), it works well, it's me, I'm just to used to normal suspension, oh yes I've tested it - but I just get a strange feeling, and suffering from labyrinthitis doesnt help, especially when after a minute or so at light's, it "settles" itself, the first time it happened I got a fright and got a horrible dizzy feeling.

Struts - they're ok (I think) just now, it's when they need replaced, but yes I'd like to think I could get them second hand....that priced was from GSF, but they dont sell rears, dealer only, so they'd need to come from a breakers.

You're making think about using it again :oops: :lol: , and wish I could get used it, but I just think I'd get the same feeling again ie the floatyness would get to me....that's really all, everything else is fine
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

The floatiness...is more advanced suspension then a lot of run of The mill cars thou..do u not have hydroactive..a button to stiffen The suspension? I know what u mean by scarey even now to me I forget and have weird feelings lol...jus think to urself that your comfort is a lot greater then most...I even colin mcrae it sometimes if I gota get somewhere and boy its fun throwin it round corners dips etc...push it a little harder and watch The suspension really at work...great fun!
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
stu9

Post by stu9 »

Yea I know, that's right (as in more advanced than most), I think I read somewhere that RR used it or wanted to.....this button, do you mean the one that raises and lowers it that's in the middle, that's the only one I have. But everytime I start it, it goes to normal mode ie the green light's on in the clocks, I can lower it so to speak but then it's not at the normal driving level, and dont know if when set at that when I started moving if it'd raise itself to normal (green) again....is that what you mean by stiffening it up.....I think that's what you mean.

lol at Mcrae'ing it....might take it out and try it, if I end up in a ditch I'll come looking for you [-X :mrgreen:
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

As far as I am aware, Rolls Royce have used it in the past (I don't know if they are able to since BMW took over). If you look on a bottle of Comma LHM, it says for Citroen and Rolls Royce. If you don't have a suspension mode button, you would have the standard setup, with only 6 spheres.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
stu9

Post by stu9 »

I take it the button you're talking about isn't the some one I've got, as mine only raises and lowers....not stiffen.....what model had it
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

stu9 wrote:I take it the button you're talking about isn't the some one I've got, as mine only raises and lowers....not stiffen.....what model had it
That would be the Sport button. C5s above SX had it - it is part of the Hydractive 3+ system. Lower models only got the Hydractive 3 system.
stu9

Post by stu9 »

Mine's an LX so won't have it.....bloody typical :roll:
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

Well I've had lxs and tbh I don't even use my sport button unless I gota drive it really hard....I been very happy with a lx and.ur other advantage is there is less to go wrong :) electric is something we've all had problems with and sometime we wish we didn't have all of it lol! I still don't understand why u would need new struts...my car on 205 k now and struts are fine...are they leaking or something?
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
stu9

Post by stu9 »

taffy wrote: I still don't understand why u would need new struts...my car on 205 k now and struts are fine...are they leaking or something?
I've got misting on one on the current mot, so went to the guy/garage I use, he checked it/them and said they're dry, so maybe before I got it he put a second hand one on, who knows. But as the mot guy said (and I can believe it) they should between damp or rain and leaking :lol: ....true

You're right when it's just something else to go wrong, especially electrics and french :mrgreen: .......I drove it quite hard dor a few mins a day last week, I felt bad, as in all the swaying ect...and thought, bugger this

PS...talking about electrics....my mate just got a new (to him) Astra, a 12 plate....I was in it the other day and noticed a button behind the gearstick, between the seats....what's that....the handbrake...electric ffs :roll: ....even he said, yep, just something else electric to break #-o
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

Is a c5 strut like a xantia strut...I haven't seen one but I'm guessing yes....if its misting on The strut piston he must have pulled down The gaitor?...if so why? Surely The strut can be resealed or such?...I spray duck oil on mine through The gaitor cause if I don't I'll get squeekin which could be same prob as u...might be worth a try...
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5