Ben's Citroen in Sweden

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Ben82

Re: Ben's Citroen in Sweden

Post by Ben82 »

I completely forgot to do any checks on the washer relay from my last post! opps!

Anyway, if everything goes to plan, our V6 will later this year (around August) be going to pastures new. That is, along with us of course. We're in the process of buying a house over here, and our Citroen will get a double garage that she'll probably only have to share with a lawnmower, some tyres and tools, and maybe our bikes.

It still currently feels very unreal as Cay found it in a magazine that she had previously tossed away, and was bored so read it and saw the house in the ads, so went to see it the same day and we all fell in love with it. Added to that it's a perfect house for us for many years to come (if not, the rest of our lives), both Cay and I can each have a home office, and still have room for another sprog or two. There are still things that could cause it to fall through though :(
Or there is the chance that what we bought is a lemon! But it seems like the only reason the current owners were moving were because a house they really wanted went on the market. We shall see as time goes on :)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Best of luck with the house purchase Ben!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:Best of luck with the house purchase Ben!
Indeed so Ben!
DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

Good to see you on FCF again, Ben. Fingers crossed everything goes through with the house purchase!

I had a very last minute offer accepted on a place up here 14 days ago. I was then told that part of the contract meant date of entry was a fortnight after my offer so I've been rushed off my feet for the last couple of weeks! It's stressful but great fun at the same time if that makes sense!

David.
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

Thanks Guys :)

David, I hardly left, I just lurk a lot more recently since the car doesn't get used as much as she used to.

Hopefully our move will be stressful but fun at the same time, it'll sure be exciting when we start getting stuff moved in, and realising our dream will start coming true :D
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

So we finally have the keys to the house :) and have an emptier bank account :(

Here are some pictures of the car's new home, I will follow up with some pics of our home too possibly tomorrow.

Front of garage:

Inside behind 2nd door, they had put in something into the roof to hang the roof box from when not used on the car, maybe I can re-purpose that for when working on the car (I realise it wouldn't be strong enough to hold the engine etc!) We're also going to be moving the chest freezer to the basement, as going out to the garage to get frozen stuff will be a pain.

Inside looking out (the sellers are collecting the mattress etc tomorrow):

A workbench at the back of the garage:

Storage room to the left of the workbench:

I guess for the most part I won't be able to moan about (or get out of) doing any jobs on the car due to lack of space etc now :shock:
Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Post by Zelandeth »

Goodness, that is a fantastic garage! Mine I am still trying to play Tetris so as to even fit one car (probably the Skoda as it's smallest) in!

If the house is half as nice you've done well! Hope the move all went or goes smoothly for you!
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

Zelandeth wrote:Goodness, that is a fantastic garage! Mine I am still trying to play Tetris so as to even fit one car (probably the Skoda as it's smallest) in!

If the house is half as nice you've done well! Hope the move all went or goes smoothly for you!
Haven't moved in yet, hiring a trailer tomorrow to move a lot of stuff, and then again next Saturday to finish up. All of next week we are going to be dismantling of shelves, bookcases etc and moving stuff that fits into the car.

The garage will probably be used as a temporary storage for all the stuff we move in the trailer tomorrow, just so we can maximise the time we have with the trailer, and then spend Sunday moving those things to their correct rooms.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'm jealous of that garage Ben :mrgreen: Very nice indeed :-D

I spy a bike pump. left by the previous owners?
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

CitroJim wrote:I'm jealous of that garage Ben :mrgreen: Very nice indeed :-D

I spy a bike pump. left by the previous owners?
Nope, that'd be mine :), I filled the boot with random items that wouldn't fit into boxes for the trip yesterday (a sewing maching, a sledge - in the same photo, a TV wall mount, a news paper rack, a mic stand, and more), I actually have an older version of the same bike as you :D think mine is a 2010. Yours has probably done more miles though :oops:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Ben82 wrote:I actually have an older version of the same bike as you :D think mine is a 2010. Yours has probably done more miles though :oops:
They're a nice bike Ben. They climb well and are fast.. I fancy myself, given my small stature as a bit of a King of the Mountains and love climbing hills...

Possibly I have done more miles as I have two bikes these days; the Defy for fun and weekend pleasure runs and a Giant Roam hybrid with added bits for general duties. I do more miles on the bikes than I do in the cars these days.

Bike is my preferred mode of transport where I don't have to carry any more than my big rucksack can carry.

Sadly, commuting to work by bike, even though it's only six miles away, is not practical as there are no facilities for bikers to change and shower. I don't think my colleagues would appreciate me dressed in my Lycra all day and potentially smelling a bit toward the end of the day...

Also, the road I have to ride along to work is lethal in the mornings...
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

Yeah, I love the Defy :D, used to have a Roam too, but that got stolen from the communal area in the flat I had in Kent :(

I think it was about 6 months before I moved here that I got the Defy, which I was using for commuting to work (about 5.5miles), mainly used the toilets to get changed and freshen up.

Got it shipped over almost 2 years ago, and it's only been used occasionally :(

I do have a picture of it though, took a selfie with the daughter when I had took her up to the bus stop a few weeks back (she uses a scooter):
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's a brilliant selfie :-D

I'll pop a picture of mine up in a bit Ben... My 2015 Defy is bright blue with white bar tape.. Very striking...
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

I need to get a decent lock for it. It's kinda a rare bike in Sweden (though road bikes are quite uncommon too), I think I've only seen 1 other Giant bike in the whole time I've been in Sweden, so I'm afraid if I leave it anywhere, as it'll quite likely get pinched in a very short space of time. Though I think cleats are rare here too, so will be a bit difficult for someone to ride away, still not worth the risk though.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I always think cleats make a bike less nickable too Ben. Both mine sport SPD pedals... Only trouble is, my biking shoes might look like trainers and are comfy on the bike they are nowhere near as comfy to walk in... You can hear me coming when walking in them on hard floors as the cleats strike the ground despite being well flush with the sole...

I won't leave my Defy anywhere, locked or not despite having a lock for it that weighs more than the bike :roll: