Checked everthing I can and still have boost fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

taffy

Re: Checked everthing I can and still have boost fault

Post by taffy » 25 Apr 2013, 14:50

If The egr don't throw up a fault on The c5 it might work

taffy

Post by taffy » 25 Apr 2013, 15:33

Dawsy if u about swindon on weekend I could meet u somewhere and we could try it if u like

dawsy 22

Post by dawsy 22 » 25 Apr 2013, 20:33

taffy wrote:Dawsy if u about swindon on weekend I could meet u somewhere and we could try it if u like
Cheers for that taff I am busy at home this weekend but maybe we could hook up in the future to sort these monsters out I am definitely going towards the stuck vanes in the turbo the reason for this in my way of thinking the turbo used to overboost until i fixed the vacuum leak on the swirl diaphragm (which was in that condition for a long time and a lot of miles)ever since i fixed the vacuum leak i have had this problem so I am thinking that once vacuum was applied the vanes were stuck in a mid position and have stayed there ever since,now to find a way to unstick those vanes

waynedance

Post by waynedance » 25 Apr 2013, 21:27

You may be able to get some long nose pliers on the shaft of the actuator and move back and forth while applying WD40. I did strip down an old turbo to see how it all worked.

dawsy 22

Post by dawsy 22 » 25 Apr 2013, 21:36

waynedance wrote:You may be able to get some long nose pliers on the shaft of the actuator and move back and forth while applying WD40. I did strip down an old turbo to see how it all worked.
Isit best to get at it from below,it seems quite inaccessable to me,when i looked at it the other day the shaft seemed clean but I guess i cant see whats going on inside the turbo i just hope it is this and i can get back to full power as i have been a long time without itThanks for all the comments guys as i have said before without this forum the car would have been baled a long time ago

taffy

Post by taffy » 26 Apr 2013, 12:33

dawsy 22 wrote:
taffy wrote:Dawsy if u about swindon on weekend I could meet u somewhere and we could try it if u like
Cheers for that taff I am busy at home this weekend but maybe we could hook up in the future to sort these monsters out I am definitely going towards the stuck vanes in the turbo the reason for this in my way of thinking the turbo used to overboost until i fixed the vacuum leak on the swirl diaphragm (which was in that condition for a long time and a lot of miles)ever since i fixed the vacuum leak i have had this problem so I am thinking that once vacuum was applied the vanes were stuck in a mid position and have stayed there ever since,now to find a way to unstick those vanes
Yea no probs mate u let me know when ur about and we will have a go...

taffy

Post by taffy » 26 Apr 2013, 12:35

I got car ramps too :)

waynedance

Post by waynedance » 26 Apr 2013, 14:13

I changed my turbo in January was not to bad a job but needs to be on a ramp.

I took some pics of the turbo insides, I changed the turbo as the actuator rod was sort of detached from the valve at the end where the vac pipe goes.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwygWxo ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwygWxo ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;