Radio Code help would be appreciated

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CFO
My Cars:

Re: Radio Code help would be appreciated

Post by CFO »

Are you certain this is a 3030 radio? The distinguishing marks are a CD socket in the bottom LH corner, and three buttons in the top LH corner marked TREBLE CLEF, GEO, and CPS. If so, then it *is* a 3030, and Xantidote's instructions above are correct. If it doesn't work, then sounds like you have an incorrect code.

Fraser
CFO
Previous Cits - BX, XM, currently running two '96 Xantia automatics
redzzed
My Cars:

Post by redzzed »

Had a similar problem a year ago , in my case the lcd wasnt showing the 1st character and i didnt realize that i had to press the 1 st button 7 times to get '6'

have a look at the post :
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=38970" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there is also info at the end about removing fuses tempararily to get back to code prompt instaed of waiting .
current : 1997 xantia 1.9 td sx a/c
previous cars :
1997 zx memphis td
1996 zx volcane td
1994 zx volcane td
stevestix8
My Cars: Xantia SX H.d.i 2.0L (S reg, 98)

Post by stevestix8 »

Hi,

Did you fix your radio prob?

I had the same prob when I first got my car (2.0l hdi Xantia) I had the code but had probs getting the head unit to say 'code'.

I went to Citroen themselves and they said they would charge me £50 to remove and 'reset' the head unit. I said if it is not broken then it just needs the code entered using the correct method. I was not happy with that and so didn't take their kind offer.

I found the solution in the end by researching and trial and error. I have fixed the problem now.

I had to leave key in ignition position 1 and then push bnd (once, then let go), then leave like that for over an hour, then it will say code in, u can then unlock system with code.

Steve
bxman
My Cars:

Post by bxman »

Thanks Martin
Looks as though that is probably what happened many thanks to everyone that contributed sadly it looks like a bin job
But unfortunately that the way of the world these days.
best wishes to all Patrick