The good news and the bad news

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: The good news and the bad news

Post by qprdude »

mendedit wrote:Same company that supplies Honda supplies Citroen's airbags, he he ,Sorry
Is this the same recall? Last year it was a propellant which could explode , this time it seems to be the deployment of the passenger airbag. Does the Citroen use the same deployment equipment, which is not the airbag its'self.
In any case, the equipment is made by a Japanese company, so anything Japanese isn't always better than anything french.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
mendedit
My Cars:

Post by mendedit »

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The world is full of them and a lot are in
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Not sure what your point is? The link is a generic recall site. Interesting that there would seem to be two pages for the C5 since launch and seven pages for the comparable Toyota Avensis. Doesn't seem to be anything about an airbag for the C5 either, or have I missed something?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
mendedit
My Cars:

Post by mendedit »

Yes, Honda is the subject in question.
....and the comparative Honda to the C5 has how many pages? or should that be recalls in total!
mendedit
My Cars:

Post by mendedit »

Anyway the real point is all car manufacturers / cars have there problems/faults/from time to time as does anything else EVEN posters.
So what's the good in slagging of another make if someone fancies getting a certain type or make they should be able to without slagging from others.
My willy is bigger than yours so there.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Just for a laugh I looked up the Xantia - only 4 recall notes in its entire life time (compared to 20 for the C5) two of which were regarding the well known handbrake ratchet issue, one for a potential cambelt failure on the 1.8 petrol over a 2 year window, and the other a wiring routing problem on sunroof models causing the motor to chafe the wiring.

Not bad really when the handbrake was the ony safety issue in the list which was basically that the design allowed the driver to apply the handbrake too gently...(fixed by deleting some teeth from the ratchet)

I'm rather supprised that the strut top design flaw wasn't mentioned though, I guess it was too big a liability for Citroen to publicly admit and recall that one... :roll:
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

The best Jap cars are built in Japan. They don't use Valeo and other ordinary parts on them over there.

We like French cars because of the way they are...........like a Woman, you take the package .
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Or you opt for "Friends with benefits"... 8-)
stu9

Post by stu9 »

lexi wrote:The best Jap cars are built in Japan. They don't use Valeo and other ordinary parts on them over there.

We like French cars because of the way they are...........like a Woman, you take the package .

It was the same with radio's, hi fi's ect years ago....they were mainly all "made in japan", you knew when you saw that. you were getting good quality stuff.....unlike now!....I mean Sony, Hitatchi ect ect there''re all now made bloody China :roll: :evil:

As a few said too....the newer Jap cars are not the same as they used be, even they're now made to price and not a quality, and it'll only get worse
mendedit
My Cars:

Post by mendedit »

I thought Jap cars are made in the UK !