C5 track prep weight reduction

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Re: C5 track prep weight reduction

Post by oscar »

hi well if your going to keep it road legal theres a lot you won't be able to do ie door windows have to open now checked on MOT mind if you have perspex with with slide panel aka rally car type that should get by?
Plus a lot of electrics crap ABS/ESP/Airbags theres a new list of things on MOT this year plus edges not sharp/protruding anywhere not following the contours sort of thing.
Not sure on how you get on with taking all the plastic panels of underneath now with mot as many seen as integral now?.
I would have a word with a pet mot tester or even better the RACMSA as they make the blue book of rules so they should know whats in or out with road legal track cars.
The EUssr is doing it's best to prevent you altering vehicles from OE designs see the one on motor cycles with can't change tyres/sprockets/exhausts/air filters and any part that can be used on a race bike is banned plus have to be able to be plugged in by plod at roadside so can read emissions/specs and how been ridden.Not sure on where this is at the moment as not looked back on it for while.
KP
My Cars:

Re: C5 track prep weight reduction

Post by KP »

The plastic covers around the engine bay and so forth can be removed without MOT issue as the only advantage to leaving them there is it stops them poking about the engine bay much.