FakeConcern's C4 VTS

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Fake Concern

Re: FakeConcern's C4 VTS

Post by Fake Concern »

daviemck2006 wrote:
16 Aug 2017, 20:17
She did you well, I only hope LEZ is as good for you. I will feel guilty if it ends up breaking or unreliable. At 86000 miles on it just nowheres hoping it does 100k for you with no problem.

Fingers crossed! LEZ is looking really good in the pics you posted earlier!
daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

Yep, and thats dirty lol
Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

I started to clean and fix some of the niggles on LEZ today and got a bit carried away
I have got all the stupic camera mounts off it although the speedo binnacle is a bit scratched up. I also swapped all the gubbins from the key (it was zip tied together!) into a better one.
Attachments
IMG_3183.JPG
IMG_3182.JPG
daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

That's looking a bit ott cleaning lol. Unless you have gone and got the full leather off your own one! I forgot to say to you there was a net key fob with no innards in the drivers door pocket. Have you got one good one out of the two?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent! It's good to do a thorough clean like that with a newly acquired car. I've done it many times...

But then I do have OCD tendencies where cleaning is concerned...
Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Post by Zelandeth »

Seats and carpets out really is the only way to do it properly.

...not that I tend to do that on moderns as it can be such a faff to get the carpets out.

Gabriel really would have benefited from it as the carpets are a bit grubby in a few places. Just never had time.

C4 is a car that has interested me a lot more as time has gone on, it passed me by at the time but really looks good now I think.
Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

daviemck2006 wrote:
21 Aug 2017, 23:20
That's looking a bit ott cleaning lol. Unless you have gone and got the full leather off your own one! I forgot to say to you there was a net key fob with no innards in the drivers door pocket. Have you got one good one out of the two?

There was so much crap stuck down the sides of the seats that it's really the only way. I found the blank key, but the previous owner had tried and failed to use it and it was broken, I had the spare key from my old car to swap it into. But really, who zip ties a key together!
I also found over £10 worth of change mainly on the floor down the back of the seats and two five pence pieces stuck in the driver seat runner (why it wouldn't go back!) There was all sorts of other junk in various places including Michael McFall's ID card in the stuck shut glovebox! I found some other bits to be broken as well (such as the centre dash cubby) and I swapping them over for better ones I have spare.
Attachments
IMG_3181.JPG
IMG_3172.JPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's a heck of a haul...

Was the choccy bar edible Davie?

Gabriel is now pretty spick and span inside... When I swapped to the leater seats I took an opportunity to give her a good interior clean-up...
daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

Wrong spy Jim, it is Peter that found all the crap lol. I had 2 keys for it, and passed both on with the car. One was unused and the other was slightly worn, but nothing like the state it is in that pic lol. I will own up to one bit of the pile of crap Peter found. I had a smooth disc stuck on the dash to hold the sucker mount for my sat nav. It was still there, obviously removed now! She will clean up to a lovely car again, very little wear or marks inside or out, Peter is spending the time on her and it will pay dividends!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Sorry Davie! Mis-read - my bad...
Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

Nice and clean now and yes Davie, I wasn't going to but I have!
Attachments
IMG_3189.JPG
IMG_3198.JPG
IMG_3196.JPG
daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

Thats looking lovely with the leather. Are they the ones out of your old one?
Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

daviemck2006 wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 20:49
Thats looking lovely with the leather. Are they the ones out of your old one?

They are, I wasn't going to as I wanted it to seem different, so I compromised by keeping the door cards with alcantara inserts as I really like them!

Did you notice the pedals? They came off the breaker I had and are very nearly perfect.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That really does look very smart :D Good work!
Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

I have done a few bits and bobs to bring LEZ up to scratch.

Changed oil and filters and fitted new plugs (forgot to reset service reminder)

Got the tar off the side of the bodywork and polished out a few scratches with a DA polisher before my pads fell to bits, quick coat of wax as well.

Fixed the rear washer that came out of the front washers. I'd done this fix on my daughters Clio recently using a youtube tutorial.
Fixed the headlight washers, not too difficult as the fuse was blown and the pump seized. They never worked on my last VTS and every year I worried that it would fail the MOT on this as it has xenons as standard, it never did though!

I have been trying to get the wheels off since I got the car, but the locking nuts don't want to let go (I do have the key), when I try it even with my knee jammed against the socket, it just cams out each time. Anyway I got two out following the advice of Daviemck2006 by loosening the other three bolts and driving around the block before trying again and Kwick Fit got another out with a rattle gun. I hhad ago on the last one today Tried with a cheap cold chisel and just deformed the chisel. Tried with a good one and started to cut through the nut. It hasn't even thought about ondoing! So three down, one to go!

Attachments
IMG_3218.JPG