Part number indentification help if possible please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

abs66

Re: Part number indentification help if possible please

Post by abs66 »

Thanks so much for the help.
I've got a new pc monitor coming today or tomorrow so hopefully it will be easier to do searches.
Cheers
Pete
abs66

Post by abs66 »

Finally got my pc back online with new monitor and have gone to the citroen service site. On the registration page it gives options as to whether you are trade or private, is there any difference in the info given depending on what i chose do you know?
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

abs66 wrote:Finally got my pc back online with new monitor and have gone to the citroen service site. On the registration page it gives options as to whether you are trade or private, is there any difference in the info given depending on what i chose do you know?
I normally just go for " Other motor trade professional
e.g.: garage equipment supppliers, bodyshops, ..."

going for Private individual just gives you a message saying it isn't open to private individuals. And will take you to a French site for ordering parts (not very helpful).
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
abs66

Post by abs66 »

Thanks for that info, I took a punt on the option you recommend, so that was lucky. I think I have sourced a part now from Peugeot Parts who are just up the road from me in Wigan so the panic might be over at last. Just looking for the rear wiper motor now.
abs66

Post by abs66 »

Well managed to pop up and see the guy from Peugeot car parts for sale in Wigan and he sorted me out with a reconditioned Comm2000 with a 12 month warranty and he even fitted it for me.
Superb service and very friendly, fingers crossed he can find me a rear wiper motor too.
Thanks for all your help guys, I'm nearly ready for test once the wiper motor is done, phew!
Cheers
Pete
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

abs66, if you are happy with the service that garage offered you, you could add them to the list of Recommended Garages;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... m.php?f=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
abs66

Post by abs66 »

Yes, I'll do that. Please forgive my ignorance, I'm a noob on this forum and I suspect in my panic to get info on stuff I forgot to introduce myself. Now that I have my main pc back working I will rectify my bad manners and I look forward to reading all the posts at a more leisurely pace.
Cheers
Pete