Spotted Xantias! (and other French stuff)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4896
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15
x 14

Post by DickieG »

Citroenmad wrote:
DickieG wrote:Deans brother is right, going back for your camera would be sad in the extreme, its just a car and not a very special one at that especially when you have the same sort of car at home.
Why go to CCC events just to stand in a field full of Ds, I bet you get pictures of some too :roll:

Depends what your interested in as to what makes something special :)
Err no, I'm pretty sure I've never taken a picture of other DS's since I bought mine. In fact I'd reckon that I've taken less pictures of my DS than I have fingers on my hands and that includes the weddings I've done in it.

As for standing in fields of DS's at CCC events I think you'll find I'm rather noticeable by my absence this year as I haven't been to any events whatsoever, CCC or otherwise :wink:

I'd hardly call a Xantia special, dear oh dear Chris you are in need :lol:

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Post by Citroenmad »

DickieG wrote: I'd hardly call a Xantia special ... :lol:
Didn't say I would either :lol:

Activas interest me, but not because its a Xantia, because its one of the most advanced suspension systems Citroen have put into production. And I like all that business about Citroen, their innovation etc. It also drives very nicely for a medium sized hatchback, which is another reason why I bought it.

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020
Posts: 2523
Joined: 29 May 2008, 15:59
x 19

Post by red_dwarfers »

I think its safe to say that this is a Special - http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/cla ... arno/51466

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4896
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15
x 14

Post by DickieG »

red_dwarfers wrote:I think its safe to say that this is a Special
What makes you say that? :lol:

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020
Posts: 2523
Joined: 29 May 2008, 15:59
x 19

Post by red_dwarfers »

The name dictates so...terrible I know but its the best I could muster :roll:

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Post by Citroenmad »

red_dwarfers wrote:The name dictates so...terrible I know but its the best I could muster :roll:
Good try Kev :lol:

User avatar
Citroening
Posts: 2512
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 21:19
x 8

Post by Citroening »

...my Visa's a Special - Link.

:wink:

XantiaDaveEire
Posts: 561
Joined: 27 Sep 2008, 02:20

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

Spotted a C6 last friday ...as a TAXI :grr:

I couldn't believe it when i seen it :roll:

It was light grey,didn't get a look at what year she was do ...

R9UKE
Posts: 1070
Joined: 21 Mar 2010, 22:18

Post by R9UKE »

Ross_K wrote:
R9UKE wrote:A magically rare sight :D
Ah, the Avantime. A pointless, bonkers car. I'll have one some day.

It was the car that put Matra in the poor house, wasn't it?
Sure is... killed them off! Well worth it though :D

Yes, Dave, I've seen a C6 taxi here in Belfast, as well as a few Vel Satis!

robert_e_smart
Posts: 1031
Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 10:51
x 1

Post by robert_e_smart »

C6 would be a nice taxi. Much better than driving a Skoda Octavia.

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Post by Citroenmad »

robert_e_smart wrote:C6 would be a nice taxi. Much better than driving a Skoda Octavia.
Yes, very true. No on here buys a Octavia as its like buying a London Cab!

User avatar
Ross_K
Posts: 734
Joined: 18 Jul 2004, 22:26

Post by Ross_K »

XantiaDaveEire wrote:Spotted a C6 last friday ...as a TAXI :grr:

I couldn't believe it when i seen it :roll:
Didn't Michael O'Leary buy taxi plates for his Merc so he could use the bus lanes around Dublin? Sounds like something similar :D

And your road tax would be only €80 a year. Happy days.

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4896
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15
x 14

Post by DickieG »

Image

Image

Trainman
Donor 2018
Posts: 2585
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 11

Post by Trainman »

XantiaDaveEire wrote:Spotted a C6 last friday ...as a TAXI :grr:
There are a couple in Ireland, I know of 1 in Greystokes and another in Belfast.

XantiaDaveEire
Posts: 561
Joined: 27 Sep 2008, 02:20

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

Trainman wrote:
XantiaDaveEire wrote:Spotted a C6 last friday ...as a TAXI :grr:
There are a couple in Ireland, I know of 1 in Greystokes and another in Belfast.
Greystones possibly ? :lol: