C5 Spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: C5 Spheres

Post by Peter.N. »

Jeff wrote:Last saturday afternoon while in the cabin talking to workers at my local council amenity site a police officer turned up at the door asking where to put it, holding in his hand a green sphere remarking "you'll never know the trouble this has caused!" A local supermarket was closed off all morning after finding one....

On finding it the surrounding area was cleared, taking full precautions the police took a picture of the sphere and emailed it the the bomb disposal unit in hereford who after some time said it could be chucked in the local tip but the police officer still did not know what it was.....a brief explanation followed of the beauty of Citroën suspensions....police officer not impressed so told him Bentley's have them too...seemed a bit more interested but I dont think he'd had his lunch... :cry:
I took a sackful of them to our local recycling center, caused a few raised eyebrows until I explained what they were.

Peter
Jeff
My Cars:

Post by Jeff »

I an guessing driving over speed humps / sleeping policeman every day would shorten spheres life spans significantly?
Currently driving Citroen c5 2.0 HDI 51 Plate
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

If you were to see the forest track we have to drive over every day to reach the road - you maybe surprised :shock: Our XM spheres have always lasted 60K+

Peter