Davie's french attraction.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent Davie :-D

Now put your feet up and enjoy a nice :beer: (if the medical profession allows) and a nice long rest...

You deserve it after what you've just done :-D

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

:teabag: has to do me, mr doctor and :beer: dont mix I would be :puke: Feet up today and look after the cat, He's a bit lost!

Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

Pleased to see you (& the cat) are getting sorted & hope you managed a snooze today!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Tea is my tipple of choice Davie and decaffeinated at that... I'm alcohol intolerant.. Well, I'm not but my body is...

Hope the cat is well settled now (and you of course!)

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

Have had a well earned day of doing nothing so far. The c4 is like a tip with moving the contents of my shed yesterday, 3 runs packed. Not doing that again, next time I'll shell out for a hire van. It will probably take a whole day to clean it now. With any luck auto windscreens witt give it a complimentary wash and hoover tomorrow :mrgreen: I've now got another 5 weeks off my work, all this moving stuff about probably has put me back a bit, glad now the doc kept me off. 5 weeks playtime with a vts, and I'm bidding on the xantia v6 in argylle. The vts will get a bloody good clean, and oil and filter service, and brake fluid and coolant too, cos I have no idea when they were last done. It has stamps in the book, but no record of work done. I haven't bid a lot for the v6 if I do get it I will be lucky and happy!!!!! Wouldn't think I would keep it long, cant afford two £250 roadtaxes, but really want to try one. I suppose if I do get lucky, you xantia guys will tell me to keep it and ditch the c4 :shock: :-D :-D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Davie, you could find yourself very smitten with a Xantia V6 :wink:

Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

Davie, i see you're winning at 99p atm! The Xantia is all very well, but it doesn't have the character of the C4 VTS, the dashboard is positively boring. Also NO SPOILER! Haha!
It does look really nice, I'm building up to the idea that a Xantia diesel estate would be a good idea as a commuter for me after seeing all those lovely cars at the X Rally.
Glad the move is sorted & can't wait to see the pics of your replaced roof tomorrow.

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

There were no bids last time listed, so I thought what the hell, a bit of fun, and if it is a bucket and i win it, I won't lose out! If I get back to work and doing 80 miles a day I'll need a cheaper to fuel car than either a v6 or a vts, so couldn't keep both. I'd rather keep the vts and go for an older c2 or c3 or pug 206 diesel for commuting that will do 55mpg ad £30 tax, and have the c4 for fun and good. A berlingo van would have been handy recently and would be cheap fuel but more tax. I will also play with my rear lights and see if my cunning plan will work. Photos will be taken during this plan and if it works shall be posted

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Fake Concern wrote: it doesn't have the character of the C4 VTS,
I think you'll find.....

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

I think it would be the chance of rust that could be bad on this V6, It's been beside the sea for years, and I know what sea air does to them if not protected regularly. I found a big enough tin of waxoyl whilst moving, that might find it's way onto the underside of the c4 in the summer.

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Xantia V6s are very special cars, only 440 sold in the UK and unlike any other Xantia! Sport mode is positively hilarious fun...!

Good luck with the auction, it'll be a nice car to compliment the C4. Very early car too.

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

I got a new roof!!!!!! I'm happy!!!!! And I think Pepsi the cat is having a good inspection too :lolsign:

For future reference the roof is bonded on to a metal frame in the factory, and it bolts in and out with a bit of mastic. Maybe would be able to take out and in as a DIY job if one could be found in a scrappy. Thats if a scrappy could cut the mastic between car and frame without cracking the glass. Just an exhaust to go and the car is perfect :-D :-D

Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

Wow! I'm SO pleased you have got that done with minimum hassle. Looks really good now (just like mine) the roof is such a good feature.

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

I am over the moon!!!!!! £75 glass excess paid for it. Just have to clean the rest of the car now lol

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

That looks the biz now 8-)

Mark